Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Custom Hood Idea (RamAirII) (more aggressive looks)

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tweeter81
The photoshops that I have already posted do basically what you are saying. The difference is that the Ford F-250 hood already has a raised portion to it in stock form. The Cadillac hood is completely flat so there needs to be a slightly higher cowl at the back to make the hood look right, IMHO. The rear of the cowl has two steps to it, with the highest point of the cowl being 1.5" give or take.
lol.... Dang bro! I'm tryin here??? lol
Old 12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NinjactsV
this hood it sweeter than a brazillian 16yr olds wax job.

i for one would suggest to EC that they produce this very design, as i for one
would buy it after the holidays for sure. i love it! i need some salt peter.
Take some time and think about this, but if you would commit to this idea, I will only need 3 more guys interested in the hood. I posted elsewhere that since I was the one who started all of this I would sweeten the deal for the other four guys and pay for more than my share of the R&D costs of getting this hood made.

I wish that EC could just do a one-off, but they need $5000 up front and that will buy 5 custom hoods.

So as for the costs:

I would pay $1300.00 and the other four guys would have to put up $925.00 each. And there might be some other small costs associated with shipping and whatnot.

Of course, I wouldn't be moving forward with this until early next year (right after I get my income tax refund). And I would not get any money from anybody until I for sure had all five people interested. Even then, I would probably just set it up so that everybody sent there money to Extreme Composites and they could give us a timeline on when this thing could be completed.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:28 PM
Complete Douche

sounds like a plan...i like the time frame, and will be more apt to commit.
will the hood be fully functional (ram air)?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:07 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NinjactsV
sounds like a plan...i like the time frame, and will be more apt to commit.
will the hood be fully functional (ram air)?
Well...that is the question. If I can get in touch with EC (have sent them a couple of emails over the last three weeks and haven't heard back from them) I will ask if that will be a possibility. I believe that they can attach the proper ducting under the hood to route that incoming air into the front driver side of the engine bay. But even if that doesn't happen, we would still have a good base to start from and the individual who got the hood could finish the idea and make the Ram Air work. Here are some other possible improvements (function-wise) that the hood would provide:

1) I would want the part of the stock CTS hood that lies under the cowl from the new hood to be cut out to allow more room between the bottom of the hood and the top of the intake. This could potentially allow some better heat extraction. Even if nothing else was done, I would think that the openings in the front of the cowl would allow some cool air to flow over the top of the engine at higher speeds and this would lower the underhood temperatures slightly.

2) Unfortunately, this hood would probably be heavier than the stock hood. Stock = Aluminum / Aftermarket = Fiberglass

3) Extreme Composites (EC) might be able to do the hood in Carbon Fiber, although I am not sure.

4) As an added bonus, I would be willing to bet that EC could take the same mesh that we have on our grilles and put that in the front snout openings, which would match very nicely and almost make the hood seem like an OEM piece.

Thanks for the interest and hopefully I can talk with EC and see about moving this idea forward early next year.
Old 12-21-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Regular

Bump for interest...
Old 01-29-2009, 12:55 PM
Teching In

Default Searching for cowl induction hood

I have a black '05 CTS-V and I was wondering if you know where I can purchase a cowl induction hood that looks exactly the same as your 1st photo posted? I'm currently in the process of changing the rims, tires, cam, and adding headers to have that muscle car look. Do you have any outlooks or ideas on any website that will give me ideas. Thank you.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:17 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Souped up-V
I have a black '05 CTS-V and I was wondering if you know where I can purchase a cowl induction hood that looks exactly the same as your 1st photo posted? I'm currently in the process of changing the rims, tires, cam, and adding headers to have that muscle car look. Do you have any outlooks or ideas on any website that will give me ideas. Thank you.
Those first couple of pictures are Photoshops of how a Mustang RamAir hood would look like on a CTS-V. Those hoods do not exist for CTS-Vs yet. That is what I was trying to do. If you can get 5-10 people interested in that design, a custom hood company like Extreme Composites might build it for you. I will most likely be selling my V, so I probably will not have any further interest in this, but feel free to search for my username and check out all of the threads I have started pertaining to trying to get a custom hood done for these cars.
Old 02-04-2009, 10:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks bro! What happened? You were so stoked on getting this hood

Quick Reply: Custom Hood Idea (RamAirII) (more aggressive looks)