Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Aftermarket parts

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The biggest difference will be the stainless exhaust as opposed to aluminized steel. The welds wont be seen unless like itsslow98 said... "someone is getting under your car on a creeper" which wont happen.

In all honesty, not much of the exhaust is even visible behind the car other than a little bit of the muffler casings and the tips. If you're ****, you can pay the $$$ for stainless or even just prime and paint the aluminized black so it all blends and doesn't rust. Ive seen people do this.

Stainless was almost a must on the cobras though because the exhaust was fully visible under the IRS and most people would polish the stainless which would look really nice. Its not as important on this car.
Old 03-01-2010, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by big reg
Is this verifiable that you will only be charged that amount? I went to checkout and it gave me a discount of $157 and change for a total of like 670 which is still pretty good. Has anyone actually purchased using this code and where was it obtained? I dont want to be a guinea pig but would love to purchase one now.
weird. When I checked it last night it worked, but now it's not giving as much of a discount. It has been working for the last 2 years for $612.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:08 PM
On The Tree

I'm holding out for a used b&b or Corsa... I just like the way they sound better, and I really don't trust any of the half-assed shops around here to do the exhaust right. It's taken 2 of them to work on my $750 Pathfinder, and the last shop fixed it, but it looks like T-total ****.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by jonyb
I'm holding out for a used b&b or Corsa... I just like the way they sound better, and I really don't trust any of the half-assed shops around here to do the exhaust right. It's taken 2 of them to work on my $750 Pathfinder, and the last shop fixed it, but it looks like T-total ****.
Thats cool. I had B&B on my vette with LT's, o/r x and a hotcam and it sounded great! Its a deeper tone than the Corsa which i like but the Corsa sounds great too.

Ill prob an eye out for any other used catback just to see what other options i have for a good price but i damn sure wont be paying the big money new price tag for them. I can always sell the magnaflow and throw a little extra towards another used catback if i find something id rather have.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 317 Likes on 240 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by CTSV_510
weird. When I checked it last night it worked, but now it's not giving as much of a discount. It has been working for the last 2 years for $612.
Yea now it's for $670..I looked too..yesterday it was for $612.

Maybe if we give it some time it will level back out.
Old 03-01-2010, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

its still free shipping so 670 is pretty good

Quick Reply: Aftermarket parts