Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Premier Autosports 09+ Heat Exchanger

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premier Autosports 09+ Heat Exchanger

This project started when I picked up my personal V2 3 weeks before the LSX Shootout. I started over nighting parks so we could get them installed and tuned before the shootout. We were so busy with customers cars that we didnt have time to make our own heat exchanger so I ordered what I viewed as the best / largest, $1695 later 2 bad tracking numbers I have another exchanger overnited and receive it Thursday (the day we are leaving). We are taking 5 cars so now I become the guy holding everyone up. We have the bumper removed before the package arrives. We receive it around 10am and it looks great except for the mixture of pushloc fitting and brass. Who cares you won't see them but for top dollar what is another $40. But my smiles soon changed when fitment problems arise, it ended up taking about 10 hours. Now I'm really holding up the whole caravan to St. Louis. The day before we installed a nice camshaft and lower pulley to go along with my previously installed upper. We head out Thursday night and I start tuning on the way to STL, luckly there isn't much cars on the road after midnight. I have a few boost cut issues the first few passes but get it lined out and get a 10.8@129. About 10 days later the fitment issues start to bother me even though the heat exchanger is doing its job very well. We had to cut the bumper cover, cut part of the bumper support, stack washers since the mounting brackets are to short. We pull the exchanger and redesign one to fit properly. So our Premier Autosports Heat Exchanger is born.

We built the mounting brackets to the correct length, rounded the front corner so we didn't have to make it any narrower but allowed it to fit without cutting on the bumper cover, also changed the fin count to allow for better cooling, and supplied all push loc and correct fittings. The cooler is 5" thick. The complete package is $1199 or $999 if you want the cooler only. We will also offer a crazy $200 off for the first 10 customers.

Thanks
Josh
Old 11-19-2010, 07:25 AM
11 Second Club

wow that's pretty sharp josh!

Great job!
Old 11-19-2010, 09:08 AM
Launching!

Looks great.

OT - Still can't believe I missed the shootout and I live 15 minutes from GIR. Also can't believe they closed GIR so now we have no drag strip close by and no road course events.
Old 04-17-2011, 04:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ordering one tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Premier Autosports 09+ Heat Exchanger