Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Any pics of 2004-2007 CTSV Clutch Master Cyl?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any pics of 2004-2007 CTSV Clutch Master Cyl?

Preparing for installing McLeod Twin and per my conversation with them, I should probably install an adjustable MC. Just want to get an idea of how it mounts/what style.

Don't know of any companies that sell an adjustable for the V's.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:06 AM
TECH Addict

Nobody does at this time and personally I dont think it will ever happen. However, as long as you get everything measured correctly and have the proper slave or spacer length, I dont think you will need one.

This is the body. I dont have any pics of the assembled unit. The part that makes it hard to make adjustable is the fact that the clutch switch mounts to the masters pushrod. Thats leaves no room for a turnbuckle. You could wire around it and disable the switch, that is always another option. Also, to remove and install it, you just twist like 45° and pull it out once everything is disconnected.

Last edited by raven154; 11-19-2010 at 11:13 AM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Shitty. Guess I'll have to pull mine and figure out a way to possibly retrofit the Mcleod C5 master cylinder I already have. That unit twist locks in as well so I've got my fingers crossed GM made it the same size. Not sure what to do about the clutch sensor. Don't want to wire around it if I can avoid it at all.

Had not considered a slave spacer. May look into that if the retrofit does not work.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have a brand new spare CTS-V master.

I bought it because I was having clutch issues. But turned out my problems were the clutch itself and I never installed the master

It can be yours for 50$

hes a pic.

Im sure you can make it adjustable by just welding some threaded rob to the end with a nut.

thanks
Old 11-21-2010, 01:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by maxspeed05V
I have a brand new spare CTS-V master.

I bought it because I was having clutch issues. But turned out my problems were the clutch itself and I never installed the master

It can be yours for 50$

hes a pic.

Im sure you can make it adjustable by just welding some threaded rob to the end with a nut.

thanks
I appreciate the offer, but I already have a stock one, and an aftermarket piece. I did not see in the picture where the sensor mounts. Could you post an up close pic of that by chance?

I'm not sure the bore of the stock master will push enough fluid for this clutch. It's the McLeod twin w/ all upgrades. Those springs are insane. Pedal effort is, uh, high. But it will hold 2500hp.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:34 PM
TECH Addict

See the recessed section of the pushrod? Thats where the switch hooks and then gets compressed between the body of the master and that recess.

Quick Reply: Any pics of 2004-2007 CTSV Clutch Master Cyl?