Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Heater help??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heater help??

ok, so I have an 05 V, and something is going on with the heater. I let the car warm up for 10 min. and the air was ice cold, pretty much the same temp as outside. I started driving and within like a min. it was blowing out hot air, not super hot by any means, but it was hot.

What can cause this to happen? When I just start up the car, and drive off, I literally drove for 10 min, and the heat was barely starting to warm up.

Any ideas? all help is appreciated

thanks
Old 12-01-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Check your coolant level, my guess is that its low. If not maybe the heater core is on its way out.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Launching!

Have you ever put any radiator/waterpump additives with searler in your rad?
Sometimes that can be a problem with the small passages in the heater core and sometimes there is,
just some scale in the system that can block off some passages in the heater core.
Disconnect your heater hoses and backflush through the two hoses. You may see a few particles & debris get flushed into your catch pail.
This happened to me with my truck and I just used the garden hose to flush through the two heater hoses. It will hopefully dislodge the restriction in the heater core.
Technically I was suppose to use 'distilled or de-ionized' water in the cooling system, but that was just too **** for me on a freezing cold winter day.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got it figured out, and its back to working normal. It ended up being just a little low on coolant

Quick Reply: Heater help??