Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

post up your cadi forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default post up your cadi forum

Hey Guys, as im sure most of you are cadi gurus, im confident that you are involved with other cadi forums as well.
Iv been looking for a new cadi forum cuz cadillacowners.com just isnt doing it for me.
Moves slow, image upload issues, and not many users.
They cant be using v-bulletin as it is somewhat confusing to navigate (naybe im biased). I looked at a thread i started nearly a month ago and has hardly moved down the list.

What are the cadillac forums you guys use?
Old 12-07-2010, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

http://cadillacforums.com/
Old 12-07-2010, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

I post here and at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...es-forum-2004/

These are the only two good ones.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^ Yeah what they said. ^^^
Old 12-07-2010, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I generally check Cadillac Forums, but lately I've been finding it quite irritating with the ads. They have some damn popup ad that moves with the mouse, and so you can't click anything for like 5-10 seconds. It's really annoying.

It is also generally quite slow to load. But there's a lot of good content and folks, so for now I still check it out.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

if you pay to be a premium member i believe all the ads go away.

Yeah i don't pay either... i probably should, as both of these forums have probably saved me more then the membership would cost
Old 12-07-2010, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Wuzzy
if you pay to be a premium member i believe all the ads go away.

Yeah i don't pay either... i probably should, as both of these forums have probably saved me more then the membership would cost
I never looked into the pay to use option...I post on here 99% of the time, I am a member of the other, but it's a PITA and just don't really use it..... +1 on the saving money and help I've received on here
Old 12-07-2010, 10:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

CF sucks
Old 12-07-2010, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SoJersey05V
CF sucks
Werd.....I thoroughly hate that damn forum with its slow *** site, 500 ads, plus there are more members on there that think cause they have a V(even a V1) that they are the **** and are above everyone.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

I only go to CF to find info, I never post there.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:06 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JJSimon904
I only go to CF to find info, I never post there.
Agreed. Most of the members on that forum have never owned another "sports" car other than the V. It amazes me how fast some think a stock V1 is. It is not slow by any means but nowhere near the world class car they feel it is.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I will agree with you guys that the CF ads and performance are annoying, but there are ways around it. Look up adblock for a browser extension (firefox,chrome,safari).

As for the people on CF, there are two types, those that are all go, and those that are all show, just like any other group.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjoffe
I will agree with you guys that the CF ads and performance are annoying, but there are ways around it. Look up adblock for a browser extension (firefox,chrome,safari).
Cool man, thanks for the tip. I use adblock plus on Firefox, but don't use Firefox anymore (it's become too bloated).

I didn't realize there were ad blockers for Chrome, though. I did a search once a while back and didn't find anything, but I found the adblock plugin after you mentioned that. I'll give it a whirl.

CF was still sort of slow and annoying with ads blocked in Firefox, but certainly a lot less annoying than with the popup ads and such.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
They cant be using v-bulletin as it is somewhat confusing to navigate (naybe im biased).
Are you confused by this site, too? ls1tech also uses v-bulletin.

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
I looked at a thread i started nearly a month ago and has hardly moved down the list.
If there aren't any new threads then your thread won't move down the list. The same thing would happen here.

Originally Posted by aurora40
I generally check Cadillac Forums, but lately I've been finding it quite irritating with the ads. They have some damn popup ad that moves with the mouse, and so you can't click anything for like 5-10 seconds. It's really annoying.

It is also generally quite slow to load. But there's a lot of good content and folks, so for now I still check it out.
I don't get a pop-up ad like that, either at work on IE7 or at home on Firefox, so you might want to check your pop-up blockers.

But yes, CF.com is annoyingly slow to load, and the advertising is at much higher levels than any other automotive forum I visit. That's the thing I find most irritating, and I've commented on it over there a couple of times. I have to pay there to get the same features I get for free on any other site, and yet I still way more advertising there. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Originally Posted by itsslow98
... plus there are more members on there that think cause they have a V (even a V1) that they are the **** and are above everyone.
Originally Posted by big reg
Agreed. Most of the members on that forum have never owned another "sports" car other than the V. It amazes me how fast some think a stock V1 is. It is not slow by any means but nowhere near the world class car they feel it is.
Interesting. I haven't noticed any difference in users on the two sites. If anything I would've said the opposite based on the wicked awesome "kill stories" that are posted here.

From what I can tell, most of the productive, technically accurate posts on both forums come from the same people.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:59 AM
Launching!

+1 on what AAIIIC said. A lot of the same good people frequent both forums and provide great info.

The kill story threads here are always entertaining... they usually crack me up pretty good.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

IMHO, both forums cover needed ground with a certain degree of overlap.

One distinctive difference is that this forum seems to provide more in-depth technical info that's broader in its LS coverage. However, it comes with an edge that's really unnecessary.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As for kill stories at least you can mention it here instead of not being allowed to even talk about racing over there.
Old 12-08-2010, 02:48 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by .Houdini.
+1 on what AAIIIC said. A lot of the same good people frequent both forums and provide great info.

The kill story threads here are always entertaining... they usually crack me up pretty good.
I agree with this as well...I don't like the fact that you can't post street racing videos on CF. It can be a little stuffy over there at times but a lot of good info. Not too mention I have met a great group of V owners locally!!! There's no perfect forum out there.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:35 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with AAIIIC and Rand49er. Most of the productive and technically accurate info on both forums comes from the same people who happen to frequent both sites.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Are you confused by this site, too? ls1tech also uses v-bulletin.

If there aren't any new threads then your thread won't move down the list. The same thing would happen here.
your kidding...

Quick Reply: post up your cadi forum