Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Looking to purchase a CTS-V

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to purchase a CTS-V

Well my car is looking sold. As so the CTS-V will be following it into my driveway.

I want to know if anyone is familiar with this car:
http://inventory.carbiz.com/baltimor...N57U960165355/

The carfax looks clean. But if someone knows/knew/is the previous owner in Cali I would love to ask some questions.

Also any advice on price or things to look for would be great. Ive been doign a lot of research but wouldnt mind hearing things from current owners.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:08 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
Also any advice on price or things to look for would be great. Ive been doign a lot of research but wouldnt mind hearing things from current owners.

Same thing I told the last soon-to-be-owner - Purchase a warranty.

I looked your car up on AutoTrader.com and see it comes with a 12 month/12,000mile powertrain which is cool, but getting all the rest of the stuff covered is a great idea too!

I bought my '05V 7 months ago and it had only 1,380 miles on it. Also bought a GM Major Guard Warranty (3/36 Bumper2Bumper $100 deductible). Good thing too as I just got a new Radiator last Friday as mine was leaking along the seam(Now showing 6,500 miles on my odometer). The service guy said I was looking at a $600 job without the warranty, though for that price I'd be doing the job myself. Still though, all the electronics in this car, along with the weak diffs, leaky engine mounts, etc... Warranties are good.

On the other hand, the warranty cost me $1,250, which will fix a problem or two. You decide.

***EDIT*** 12/30/10 4pm. Nothing to do with topic but my Dealership Service guy just called me and said because of the low mileage on my car (6,500 miles), GM is covering the radiator job under the factory warranty. Personally I don't understand why, but they're sending me my $100 back in the mail!

Last edited by mhhamrhead; 12-30-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Probably not an issue in this case, but always do your own carfax report on any cars. Some crooked chrysler dealer sold me my jeep as a one-owner on their doctored carfax and later on I found out I was the 3rd owner, not to mention their unscrupulous ways of getting the car from the owner (let's just say he was selling private party and took their sob story never knowing it would be going to a dealer).
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 PM
On The Tree

Check my thread guys.

I've found my next vehicle some I'm looking to sell as soon as possible or trade it in.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Launching!

http://www.bergeysauto.com/used/Cadi...3964aea64b.htm

Check out this black CTS-V
Factory warranty should not expire until May 2011.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well my car is looking sold. As so the CTS-V will be following it into my driveway.

I want to know if anyone is familiar with this car:
http://inventory.carbiz.com/baltimor...N57U960165355/

The carfax looks clean. But if someone knows/knew/is the previous owner in Cali I would love to ask some questions.

I wouldnt buy **** from that place. I test drove an 06 there with 28k miles on it before i found mine and it looked like it had 100k on it. Ran like crap, popped the hood to see the underhood pad burnt with what looked like antifreeze. WHen i told them they had no idea what i was talking about. This place has cars that are ragged out........except the owners Audi R8 thats parked there.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I wouldnt buy **** from that place. I test drove an 06 there with 28k miles on it before i found mine and it looked like it had 100k on it. Ran like crap, popped the hood to see the underhood pad burnt with what looked like antifreeze. WHen i told them they had no idea what i was talking about. This place has cars that are ragged out........except the owners Audi R8 thats parked there.
Good to know. Probably still gonna go look at it. Take my ASE friends with me to give it a once over! But thanks for the heads up, ill make sure they tear into things when I look at it.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Stepside
http://www.bergeysauto.com/used/Cadi...3964aea64b.htm

Check out this black CTS-V
Factory warranty should not expire until May 2011.
IM actually kinda mad. because my car has taken so long to sell, the one they had there with the FG2 suspension with less miles on it sold... SO MAD about that. I was eyeing it for a month PRAYING my car would sell in time... FAIL!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Launching!

IM actually kinda mad. because my car has taken so long to sell, the one they had there with the FG2 suspension with less miles on it sold... SO MAD about that. I was eyeing it for a month PRAYING my car would sell in time... FAIL!
lol...I went to Bergey's in Zieglerville, Pa to check out an '07 before I bought mine(They have ~14 dealerships around my area - This one is about 1/2 hour away). Anyway, this '07 had 13,000 miles, Light Platinum, Sunroof, loaded and perfect - asking $29,xxx. I called the Friday night before to see if it was still available and the salesman asked if I was coming over right now. Being as it was 5:30pm and they closed at 6pm, I told him I'd be over first thing Saturday morning. By the time I got there at ~9:45am, it was sold - Guy came in, left a deposit and left without ever driving the car.

I'd bet my bank account the salesman got off the phone with me Friday night and called another prospective customer and told him he'd better get down there and leave a deposit if he wanted it. He did.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:13 PM
Launching!

BTW, see the first two pics of my Viper? Thanks to the 'Viper Tech' at another one of their locations, they're NOT the same car!

Yeah, the 'Viper Tech' wrecked the first one with a whopping 108 miles on the odometer. It really doesn't look Totalled, but it was. Mainly because of frame damage.

Says his foot got stuck under the brake pedal. He failed to mention the part where his same foot was smashing down on the go pedal, he started to spin, then he overcorrected and went over a curb, through some dirt, and smashed through a railroad tie. Not sure, but I personally don't think Viper's were designed to do that kinda stuff.

Anyway, they cut me a very nice check, and I went and found the second one over in NJ - still brand new. Had a nice amount of $$$ leftover too!

I've since taken my Viper and V to another dealership of theirs for service and all went very well. They took care of the problem their employee caused without too much stress on my side, so I do give them credit for that.

Sorry - Didn't mean to sidetrack the thread.
Attached Thumbnails Looking to purchase a CTS-V-2008-viper-134449.jpg   Looking to purchase a CTS-V-2008-viper-x-2-004.jpg   Looking to purchase a CTS-V-2008-viper-13444612.jpg  

Last edited by mhhamrhead; 12-30-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

Which dealership are you refering to with the Viper? Bergeys or Carbiz?
Old 12-30-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Resident

Best of luck on your purchase...and I will throw in my .02....Unless you have LOTS of spare change in the couch cushions, spend a little more off the top as someone else posted earlier in the thread and get one with a warranty. I wish I had....But you know how hindsight is.....It would've been easier for me to have a little higher monthly payment and not to have to come out of pocket for the things as they are breaking. I'm in for about a grand or so of $100 at a time things that are a PITA.........And are ya gonna change your name away from LGT once you're a V owner?..ahahaaa
Old 12-30-2010, 03:04 PM
Launching!

---------------------------------------------------------^
Old 12-30-2010, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
Best of luck on your purchase...and I will throw in my .02....Unless you have LOTS of spare change in the couch cushions, spend a little more off the top as someone else posted earlier in the thread and get one with a warranty. I wish I had....But you know how hindsight is.....It would've been easier for me to have a little higher monthly payment and not to have to come out of pocket for the things as they are breaking. I'm in for about a grand or so of $100 at a time things that are a PITA.........And are ya gonna change your name away from LGT once you're a V owner?..ahahaaa
Yeah,,, plan on asking the MODS to get me to CTSVBIGGIE....

WHich is funny because before the LGT it was SPECVBIGGIE for this car V

If i had held out and gotten the SpecB LGT i Would have gone SPECVBIGGIE->SpecBBiggie->CTSVBIGGIE.... ALas I got a regular LGT...
Old 12-30-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Resident

Gotcha....Best of Luck...So did your sale go thru?...I know it sucks ***** playing the waiting game...It took me 3 mos to sell my Taco before I bought my V...Had 3 or 4 ppl jerk me around with the whole "I'm goin to my bank in the morning" thing. It sucks having to rely on someone else to hold up to their word.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:58 PM
On The Tree

Kid came with his dad tuesday night to look at it and test drive it. Looking good with him as he LOVES the car and even his dad liked it.

Ive seen the other cars he has been looking at. One is at almost 100k and im under 60k and the other is at almost 80k and is STOCK. Both are withing a couple grand of mine. And IMO 20-40k miles is worth a little in price. not to mention I have 3000 invested in parts.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

you are right about the miles...40k less, for a couple grand more is not bad. but parts mean nothing to most car values. like mine, i have right about 4000 in my bolt ons, but it wont add anything to the value of my car to most people. i could sell mine right now for 24-25k, and that is about all i can get for it. the money i puts towards parts does make the car have 2000 or so more in price...

unless, you find some who is willing to pay the extra money for the part. and in that case, more power to you. becuase i would do the same thing haha
Old 12-30-2010, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Did. Kid was looking at slightly modded STIs. Then saw my car. better looking/faster/cheaper... And he loves it. And his dad likes the AWD for his son since he is now driving a 90 300zx
Old 12-30-2010, 06:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did. Kid was looking at slightly modded STIs. Then saw my car. better looking/faster/cheaper... And he loves it. And his dad likes the AWD for his son since he is now driving a 90 300zx
Nice...haha

I would never pay more for a lightly modded car...but if he wants to, looks like you will be getting into a V pretty soon.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

well with my miles... Retail is 15,500. I am giving it to him for 14,000. So it isnt like im charging for the parts. But im not going Uber low either.