Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Must be the Commercials

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 08:13 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Must be the Commercials

I’ve notice lately that people are darting around behind me in traffic trying to get up next to the car. It instantly catches my attention, (cops do that, especially the motorcycle cops) so I always slow up. Most people just want to get a look at the car. Some give me a thumbs up, others just drive along side.

They obviously think it’s a V2, even though my plate has LS6 in it. Seems the G37’s with the mods always want to go. Even though I’m down over 100 HP to the V2, I have yet to disappoint.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 AM
Launching!

gotta love the V, it still draws attention almost a decade later
Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 AM
TECH Regular

The rebirth of Cadillac and it's efforts to "re-brand" it's legacy can only help out the V1 guys. Sure, there was a couple years delay in the effort when the economy turned sour and GM was on the ropes, but they have certainly picked up where they left off. The more they re-invent the brand and collect the respect of the automotive press, the more our V1s becomes a car of historical importance. Value on older cars skyrocket because they represent a turning point in the history of a car company or the auto industry. The V1 was the first American qualified car in history to compete with the foreign luxury sport sedans and the benchmark for Cadillac's new era. So even though they have become dated, and by today's standard a stock V1 no longer stands way above others in terms of performance, I for one, think that some day in the future, these cars will have value to collectors for their significance to Cadillac as a company. The fact that the general public sometimes has trouble discerning the V1 from the V2 just shows that it's about Cadillac and performance and the sales and marketing efforts that have so far been quite successful. Let's enjoy the spotlight.
Old 01-16-2011, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah if you want proof that the CTS-V is the right move for caddy, just follow me to the autocross track, it gets lots of looks from people there. I think the comment i hear most about the car, is that "if I was going to be domestic, that is what I would get"