Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Headlight washers...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Worst ******* invention ever made. Nothing like cleaning your car, drying it, then a bug hits the window so you clean the windshield and then you have washer fluid running all over the bumper and down the side of the car.

The washers do as good a job cleaning the headlights as it would if we all just rinsed our car off with a hose and never used a wash mit and soap.

Thanks for reminding me to pull my fuse when i get it out from under the cover. Id be glad yours arent working.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by UnsafeAtAnySpd
I didn't know about them for awhile. I would notice at night when spraying the windshield that the headlights seemed to dim. I thought it was a bit ridiculous that something that insignificant would put a draw like that on the electrical system enough to dim them while driving. Until one day I finally discovered why...
That was the exact way I found out that I had them...I was on a dark road and hit the washer and lights went dim...tried it about 3 more times and realized that there was soapy water running up my hood......And as stated before it does one HELLUVA job in ruining a good detail and that's about the only use I have had in them so far
Old 02-07-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

On second thought, maybe I'm perfectly happy that mine don't work.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 PM
formerly Moze (2/24/2012)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny story...I was looking at the owners manual, pulled the relay it labeled as the "headlight washer", and turns out it was the wrong one. It was actually the relay next to it.

Took THAT relay into the parts store, and the guy behind the counter said (and I'm quoting for emphasis): "Holy S#!t!". I asked him what was up and he said "it's one forty six". I said "it's only a dollar forty-six??". He said "No.........a hundred and forty six". I'm like "DOLLARS??".

That freakin relay is over $150 with tax.

I decided I like my lights dirty to match the rest of the car.
Old 09-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
On second thought, maybe I'm perfectly happy that mine don't work.
i dont know if you care or even still have the car. but the entire headlight washer system is very simple. but i found out if you ever replace a headlight or line, or the washer reservoir; you really have to purge the system, because unlike the windshield washer it only pulses the spray. so it take about 5-10 times of hitting the washer button to properly purge the headlight washer.

if you have any questions about it, just ask. i have taken the washer system in and out on these cars a few times and can explain whatever...
Old 09-28-2011, 04:48 PM
12 Second Club

lol, I didn't even know the car these
Old 09-28-2011, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Worthless feature
Old 09-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Moze
...do all of the 1st gen V's have them? Mine weren't working (wouldn't extend), looked in the fuse panel and the relay wasn't there. Got the relay, still nothing. Does mine maybe just not have that feature?
well before you start checking into the fuse panel and stuff make sure you have your headlights turned on, NOT the parking lights or not AUTO. I also was having trouble with the washers. They only work if your lights are on. Let me know if that helps.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Teching In

i think its a real bad *** feature. u can always not use them if you dont like them....

Quick Reply: Headlight washers...