Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need Help with to Modify my CTS-V Coupe- South Florida Area

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with to Modify my CTS-V Coupe- South Florida Area

Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and just picked up a 2011 CTS-V Coupe. Not more than 2 hours in my garage, I jumped on the net to see what I can do to it. Here is what I'm thinking and need help or advice on what to do and not to do. I dont want crazy power but want to feel a nice bump. O.k, here goes:

1) Cold Air Intake - Hennessey seems to have a nice one $495
2) Corsa Cat Back Exhuast - Lingenfelter has it for a decent price. $1,400
Anywhere else you recommend I can buy it from?
3) AR Headers & X-Pipe - Is this worth the $1,800 Lingenfelter has it for?
Will it make a big difference and will it be too loud with the Corsa exhaust?
4) 160 T-Stat - That's easy enough.
5) 2.55" Pulley, Snout port, Programing- $1,444 at Lingenfelter. I must send
in the stock ECU. Are there any local tuners that can do this? Should I
do the Lower Pulley as well?

6) Lowering Springs - Looking into the D3 springs over the Eibach springs.
Has anyone lowered their 2009-11 CTS-V and what did you use?

I really appreciate your help and am looking for good advice and recommendations to Vendors to sell me the parts and Tuners to help install them as well. I am in Davie (Fort Lauderdale ) area.

Thanks as I can't wait to get it done!

John
Old 02-07-2011, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Congrats. Definitely check out this forum. There are a lot of modified new Vs there.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...es-forum-2009/
Old 02-08-2011, 01:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

i will help you modify it...give me 5 minutes and your 2011 V Coupe will magically turn into a 2007 sedan...just make sure you leave keys and all related car docments in there...
Old 02-08-2011, 04:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ive heard long tubes arent all that impressive ont he new Vs, most show poor gains for the amount of money involved.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Ive heard long tubes arent all that impressive ont he new Vs, most show poor gains for the amount of money involved.
yup have heard that too. A vendor on here is supposed to test them for us on his car, but he is super busy so he has not got to it yet....
Old 02-08-2011, 08:25 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PMLLOANS
Hey Guys,

I'm new to the forum and just picked up a 2011 CTS-V Coupe. Not more than 2 hours in my garage, I jumped on the net to see what I can do to it. Here is what I'm thinking and need help or advice on what to do and not to do. I dont want crazy power but want to feel a nice bump. O.k, here goes:

1) Cold Air Intake - Hennessey seems to have a nice one $495
2) Corsa Cat Back Exhuast - Lingenfelter has it for a decent price. $1,400
Anywhere else you recommend I can buy it from?
3) AR Headers & X-Pipe - Is this worth the $1,800 Lingenfelter has it for?
Will it make a big difference and will it be too loud with the Corsa exhaust?
4) 160 T-Stat - That's easy enough.
5) 2.55" Pulley, Snout port, Programing- $1,444 at Lingenfelter. I must send
in the stock ECU. Are there any local tuners that can do this? Should I
do the Lower Pulley as well?

6) Lowering Springs - Looking into the D3 springs over the Eibach springs.
Has anyone lowered their 2009-11 CTS-V and what did you use?

I really appreciate your help and am looking for good advice and recommendations to Vendors to sell me the parts and Tuners to help install them as well. I am in Davie (Fort Lauderdale ) area.

Thanks as I can't wait to get it done!

John
Davie? Nice. I'm right around the corner in Cooper City.
Get in touch with V-seriesTech on here. He can take care of your needs, and do it all right at the dealership. (Vera Cadillac in Pines).

We just started development on the tunes for the new V's, checkout the results of one here:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...e-results.html

Is yours a manual or Automatic? I could still use a manual here for tune development (read: free tune )
Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike@Diablosport
Get in touch with V-seriesTech on here. He can take care of your needs, and do it all right at the dealership. (Vera Cadillac in Pines).

We just started development on the tunes for the new V's, checkout the results of one here:

Is yours a manual or Automatic? I could still use a manual here for tune development (read: free tune )
I agree. Jamie at Vera is probably the best individual for working on a V in South Florida.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:38 AM
TECH Resident

Well there is your first mod bud. Pick up a pulley and intake package and take him up on the free tune for developmental purposes. Can't beat that IMO.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

wrong forum, this is the 2004-2010....jk man..lol...post up some pics. your a lucky man! one day i will own one of those beasts!

oh, and welcome to the V family!!
Old 02-08-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I agree, V-seriesTech has modded more V2s, and V1s, and C5s and C6s, and H2s, than any other dealer tech. Also built custom TT kits for his C5 and a GTO.

Nice to see you looking for more powa after one day of ownership.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

d3 makes lowering springs
Old 02-08-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

awww man that thing is nice!!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

Remember that headers will benefit you more and more with each mod that you do. Now going from exhaust manifolds to headers will drop the boost a little bit since you are making the exhaust flow less restrictive. HOWEVER if you were to get a pulley to put the boost back to stock levels or more, you will definitely be making more power with headers as opposed to manifolds.

Last edited by Josh@ARH; 02-08-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lubelizard
I agree. Jamie at Vera is probably the best individual for working on a V in South Florida.
Originally Posted by onebadcad
I agree, V-seriesTech has modded more V2s, and V1s, and C5s and C6s, and H2s, than any other dealer tech. Also built custom TT kits for his C5 and a GTO.

Nice to see you looking for more powa after one day of ownership.

Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate that.

John, congratulations on your purchase man, I gotta tell you, you've just bought, an amazing vehicle. I am constantly impressed with these cars, something that, I don't usually say about anything. They're just soo well built,..and soo refined. Can't wait to own one myself one day. congratulations!!!

The mod's you listed, are a very nice and easy way to get the most out of your setup without going too intrusive into the motor(...which is something I am not against ). All of these parts, are easily attainable, and somewhat easy to install. First and foremost, the tune option from diablosport, is awesome,..i'd jump on that in a heartbeat. The driveability adavantage, shifting(if auto), and the power increase that you'll pick up from a tune alone, are standalone, awesome, not to mention a stand up crew like Diablosport,..which is LOCAL(awesome)..tuning the car, is a rare experience. Take advantage, and know it's in the only hands that I intrust all of our customers vehicles, and our personal vehicles as well. Smart dudes.

Just drove a tune only V today and the car feels great. It's in the shop right now actually for it's first round of mods, which your more then welcome to come by if your in the area(probably 5 minutes of driving time from Davie) and check out a few of the cars that I am messing fiddeling with. Hell, come by and i'll give the car it's first free service and oil change why you check out the cars.

Ultimatly, I am simply a service technician at a local delaership that works on GM performance vehicles(and other marques) with, or without warranty...I am not trying to sell you anything,..I am just here to help you with your GM performance needs.

PM sent-

Thanks, Jamie
Old 02-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Launching!

How bout a camera so you can show us pics of the car?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

lmao @ his avatar. awesome.lollll
Old 02-08-2011, 09:02 PM

Hey guys,

You guys are great! Thanks for all your help and the great info. I love the way the D3 springs looks on the car and the info shared is priceless!

I'm torn on the Headers as I dont want to have a loud classy car.

It was a calling from above that Jamie contacted me as he happens to be down the road from me. Awesome. I think we will get together soon.

Other than that, once I figure out how to post pics, I will share them soon.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
Thank you gentlemen, I appreciate that.

John, congratulations on your purchase man, I gotta tell you, you've just bought, an amazing vehicle. I am constantly impressed with these cars, something that, I don't usually say about anything. They're just soo well built,..and soo refined. Can't wait to own one myself one day. congratulations!!!

The mod's you listed, are a very nice and easy way to get the most out of your setup without going too intrusive into the motor(...which is something I am not against ). All of these parts, are easily attainable, and somewhat easy to install. First and foremost, the tune option from diablosport, is awesome,..i'd jump on that in a heartbeat. The driveability adavantage, shifting(if auto), and the power increase that you'll pick up from a tune alone, are standalone, awesome, not to mention a stand up crew like Diablosport,..which is LOCAL(awesome)..tuning the car, is a rare experience. Take advantage, and know it's in the only hands that I intrust all of our customers vehicles, and our personal vehicles as well. Smart dudes.

Just drove a tune only V today and the car feels great. It's in the shop right now actually for it's first round of mods, which your more then welcome to come by if your in the area(probably 5 minutes of driving time from Davie) and check out a few of the cars that I am messing fiddeling with. Hell, come by and i'll give the car it's first free service and oil change why you check out the cars.

Ultimatly, I am simply a service technician at a local delaership that works on GM performance vehicles(and other marques) with, or without warranty...I am not trying to sell you anything,..I am just here to help you with your GM performance needs.

PM sent-

Thanks, Jamie

Jamie, PM sent. Let's get this thing rocking!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Roidz24
How bout a camera so you can show us pics of the car?
No doubt I will. Maybe this weekend and hopefully the car will be lowered by then.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

wooo...

Quick Reply: Need Help with to Modify my CTS-V Coupe- South Florida Area