Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

will skipping the air box trip a CEL?

Old 02-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will skipping the air box trip a CEL?

I was thinking about getting rid of my factory air box and replacing it with a K&N cone filter. Just wondering if doing that will trip a check engine light on the vehicle. Also would the gains be worth it vs. having a factory air box with a K&N filter?
Old 02-23-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

You are better off with a K&N drop in than adding a "hot air intake". If you want to grab some colder air then try out what I did.

Or if you don't want to cut a hole in your fender-well then you need a way of sealing the air from the motor out of the filter area. I liked the Lingenfelter shield the best but you can make your own too.

Heres a thread on making your own heat shield. Without one the mod is worse off. https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...88-intake.html
Old 02-23-2011, 07:37 PM
TECH Regular

I have a stock airbox cutout with a K&N panel filter available, since my new intake setup. see pictures and send PM if interested.

custom airbox below that my fabricator will make 5, if I can get interest. tube only or with airbox.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

great setups in this thread...

the tube with MAF incorporated is nice. i wonder if it will match up with the Lingenfelter shield to match the LPE MAF and extension.. nice

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will skipping the air box trip a CEL?