Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Injector question:

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 07:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector question:

I'm about to install a Maggie on an CTS-V LS2 motor. Also adding an upgraded harmonic balancer to spin it just a little faster, probably end up 7-8 lbs boost. Fuel supply obviously an issue. Question is, can I somehow change injectors at this point to permanently get rid of the fuel supply problem? Or am I stuck with Magnavolt/Boost A Pump/in line or in tank options? Answers and opinions all appreciated, as usual.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

You shouldn't run out of injector, it's the pump you may need to work with. I ran out of injector with the green top 42# injectors but that's because of the e85. Did your maggie come with a boost-a-pump? I would just use that until it fails, then opt for an inline which is MUCH less work than an in-tank
Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Racetronix pumpo and hotwire kit(in tank) is one of your best optiuons and im not saying that because i have one for sale. I bought it for that reason to begin with. Much more reliable then a boost a pump.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Racetronix pumpo and hotwire kit(in tank) is one of your best optiuons and im not saying that because i have one for sale. I bought it for that reason to begin with. Much more reliable then a boost a pump.
I'm lookin at your pump right now. let me talk to the installer tomorrow morning (he's showing me his handywork on an SSR). I'll buy it if he agrees to install. Do they make more than one model? I am 06 LS2, wouldn't think that should make a difference, though. My problem with this method is the 4 hrs at $100/hr to drop the damn tank! Why is this dude quoting me $400 for the pump? Markup? It's pump/harness, I believe you are selling?
leo
email me at leosul@verizon.net.....it's a lot easier!
Old 03-05-2011, 04:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by itsslow98
sent PM, want to buy pump!

Quick Reply: Injector question: