Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Fuel Rails Installed...does anything every go on easy?

Old 03-12-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Rails Installed...does anything every go on easy?

many different issues with this mod and that is another thread. Had to weld the Aeromotive AN-8 fittings to the Nasty Fuel Rails, to even get started. All
AN-8, dual feed in the back and crossover in the front. was going to re-powdercoat the rails, but had to get my dd ready by Monday. Spent 3/4 tank of gas figuring out why the last two injectors kept popping out. solved it. Any hoo, pictures below....

pretty sure I will NEVER be finished now.

Last edited by VeryWhiteDevil; 03-12-2011 at 11:56 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Why did upgrade fuel rails for 42 lb injectors?
Old 03-12-2011, 05:57 PM
TECH Regular

who said I did it becuase of that? just thought it looked better.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Aeromotive billet fuiel rails look better just FYI, and with cars......its often the easiest **** that winds up being the biggest pain in the ***.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Aeromotive, because they are red?? I wanted black and picked the Nasty rails up for 75.00 and pretty sure the Aeromotives were 3x that.

The next down time I have, I will get them anodized black again and they will look great. I had them painted black until about a half a tank a fuel sprayed under the hood of the car and pressured washed the intake and rails with fuel
Old 03-13-2011, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks clean.. you gonna add FRCs or just leave um naked?

btw again pimpin intake tube w/ integrated MAF.. if you ever start making them let me know
Old 03-13-2011, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

my fab guy said he will make 5 of them. Just ironing out the details.

going to leave naked. considering the Katech valve cover, coil relocation package.

going to make a cover for the left side to hide all the black box and wired and that way it will match the airbox.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think it's looks good, bro! What kind of power are u making now since all the mods?
Old 03-13-2011, 02:54 PM
On The Tree

Default fuel rail upgrade

Originally Posted by VeryWhiteDevil
who said I did it becuase of that? just thought it looked better.
I'm thinking about running E85, which would require 62 lb injectors to supply the 30% increase required by that type of fuel. Do you think larger fuel rails are also necessary? How about something called an "inline fuel regulator?" Stuff I've never heard of, just seeing if someone else knows more than me (which isn't very hard!). Nice pics, I do like the new rails.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:11 PM
TECH Regular

Well, I do know our system is regulated at the tank or pump. not 100% sure exact which one, but our car's do have a returnless system. I purchased a FPR, but did not need it.

IMHO, the the bigger rails, an-8 lines allow more fuel to be available to the injectors. With dual feeding the rail, I was aiming at having equal fuel available to all injectors. some say the #1 I think it was, was technically the leanest. I could be wrong on the cylinder. Either way it might not add horsepower, but just another piece to the air breathing, fuel burning puzzle.

I am installing a 390lph pump, too. Next set of mods in this order would be Polluter Cam from Tick, Trick Flow as cast and a 100 shot. That might hold me over.

As far as Dyno numbers, not sure. Probably not going to dyno until I get the cam in at least. trapped over 112 in the 1/4, so that is what I have to go by for now.
Old 03-13-2011, 06:06 PM
On The Tree

WhatW
Originally Posted by VeryWhiteDevil
Well, I do know our system is regulated at the tank or pump. not 100% sure exact which one, but our car's do have a returnless system. I purchased a FPR, but did not need it.

IMHO, the the bigger rails, an-8 lines allow more fuel to be available to the injectors. With dual feeding the rail, I was aiming at having equal fuel available to all injectors. some say the #1 I think it was, was technically the leanest. I could be wrong on the cylinder. Either way it might not add horsepower, but just another piece to the air breathing, fuel burning puzzle.

I am installing a 390lph pump, too. Next set of mods in this order would be Polluter Cam from Tick, Trick Flow as cast and a 100 shot. That might hold me over.

As far as Dyno numbers, not sure. Probably not going to dyno until I get the cam in at least. trapped over 112 in the 1/4, so that is what I have to go by for now.
Thanks for your response. What is the 390 Pump? Is that the same as the Racetronix in tank unit that I just purchased? I know there is a Kyosan that was originally used on the Toyota Supra Twin Turbo and these are still readily available from Summit and other shops. I don't think they come with the nice heavy duty harness that Racetronic provides, though. How much do larger fuel rails cost, if you don't mind my asking.
leo
Old 03-14-2011, 06:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default pump and rails

Originally Posted by LS2duc
WhatW
Thanks for your response. What is the 390 Pump? Is that the same as the Racetronix in tank unit that I just purchased? I know there is a Kyosan that was originally used on the Toyota Supra Twin Turbo and these are still readily available from Summit and other shops. I don't think they come with the nice heavy duty harness that Racetronic provides, though. How much do larger fuel rails cost, if you don't mind my asking.
leo
Me too

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fuel Rails Installed...does anything every go on easy?