Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

power and times

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power and times

Hey guys, I am wondering what I have to shoot for. all of the V1 owners that are in the mid to low 12's and quicker, what kind of power are you making and what times are you running. what kind of setup's are you running if its not in your sig?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I havent even made it out of the damn 13s yet cause of the horrible wheel hop at the track(only ran once on spray). Guys with 800rwhp and built rears have only gone 11.60s.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe this will help answer your question...

Stickies are our friends...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I havent even made it out of the damn 13s yet cause of the horrible wheel hop at the track(only ran once on spray). Guys with 800rwhp and built rears have only gone 11.60s.
the main reason im asking is because im in the process of building a block and boosted setup!

right, I have been noticing what seems to be slow times for the power so I was trying to see if there are a few people getting better results. I guess I just cant see why v1's are not any faster, I mean G8's are roughly 100lbs heaver at 3950lbs and there are a few local that run faster like 717rwhp ran a 10.82 @ 129. then you have the new camaros which are just a 100lbs lighter and I know one that runs 10.7 @ 130 and im not sure on the power of the camaro. do you think the main thing holding everyone back is the rearend with wheel hop/launch issues? I mean I know v's are heavy and not necessarily drag cars but 800hp and I would still think a tad bit faster.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

100% of the problem with the V is the rubber bushings throughout the whole car, and the horribly designed rear end. Couple that with a very limited aftermarket and you get a car thats not really capable of what G8s or camaros are. Can a V1 be fast......definetly, but is it worth the money.

Dont forget G8s and camaros come in autos as well and we all know autos+drag strips=much more capable of e.t.'s and much easier on the drivetrain.

I have never seen a V1 with an auto, with an auto im fairly confident itd go mid 12s bone stock besides the auto.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:35 PM
Teching In

is the money worth it, right that is the question. but really i dont think its that much more that say a new camaro, or g8, or even say a 03-04 cobra which was my previous car, of course provided you can do your own work. camaro ss looking at 35ish purchase price and same to build the motor as a v. and G8 would be considerbly close as well. cobra a little cheaper with less purchase price. I have always wanted a new sleek sleeper that people just say wow when you blow by them. i mean the cobra was quick and you couldnt tell at idle sounded like a stock 4.6 until the KB whine kicked in, but the V would take the cake in wow factor. Ive been in a big lexus sc conversion with a big turbo 2jz motor, which ended up with a 9" and a power glide so im not opposed to going that direction just would like to have some fun on the street first.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can't get outta the 13's with spray?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

New Camaros make our V1's seem light, lol. I'm exaggerating, but iirc, the new camaro is over 4k lbs and that's insane for a 2-door supposed 'pony car'. Our cars are pretty long and really don't weigh as much as people say, if you think about it (there is a lot of aluminum used in our cars). Look up to see how much other new 4 doors (even with V6's) weigh nowadays...crazy.

If you put enough resources and effort into it, I bet you could get these to launch decently, but from I've seen in my limited research (drag racing is not my thing with this), seems the same ideas are recycled and not too many people are looking into proper solutions (i.e. suspension basics) and thinking outside what's been done. Maybe they are, but haven't ran across it personally. I don't see why these couldn't be made to perform like they should if you were to really study it and apply known solutions to wheelhop, adapted to this suspension. Even something as simple as a passenger side airbag would help (properly pressurized) for preload, but seems people automatically dismiss that idea without trying it and not sure why? Least that is the feel I get with this car (forums), unfortunately...not enough pioneering spirit or applying general ideas that work across the board. Not saying they don't exist; just not much of it, unfortunately. For me, this is a DD and no interest in getting into that just yet, but maybe someday I may check into that stuff and would be fun to experiment.

The stuff is not rocket science and parts are not that hard to make or source/modify, but yeah limited #'s and lack of interest make this a better DYI type car, but a nice one overall and not something you see 10 of everyday and people aren't quite sure what to make of it, me thinks...
Old 07-26-2011, 11:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wcryan
You can't get outta the 13's with spray?
I ran it one time on spray and it hopped so bad i let out of it(2.36) 60', and had the controller set to spray 2-3-4 and it didnt spray till 3rd since i didnt hit WOT off the line. That was/is the last time the V will ever see the track. Without hop and a sub 2.0 60' the car should go low low low 12s in a perfect world. But I gave up on the V and built a car more worthy of being fast.

I have yet to not get hop at the track no matter how i launch and the best 60 I have pulled was a 2.29. I have only run at one track so that may have to do with it. The stickier the track, the worse the hop.

EDIT: Btw I do have the anti hop axle that works flawless on the street, track is same if not worse then stock.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Econo axle. Or both?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by wcryan
Econo axle. Or both?
Just the drivers side, like i said i get ZERO hop on the street, but a prepped track is a nightmare as well as in the rain.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

: (....... That sucks

Quick Reply: power and times