Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

?? about ride quality with H&R springs ??

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default ?? about ride quality with H&R springs ??

Hey there new to the Whole V's i see that alot of you guys are running the H&R springs.. i am about to start doing things to the car soon and see that the H&R springs are pretty much the best bang for the buck.. I just dont want to lose alot of the ride comfort i currently have on my 05 V and where can I buy MM offset kit? Thanks for all your input i would like to slam this thing ASAP!
Old 02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Harsh in town, smooth as a Cadillac on the highway. The look and clearance is PERFECT when done, though. M&M is on this forum and is great to deal with. Send him a personal message or post a thread asking for him and he should be along to help soon.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:39 PM
Launching!

Youll definitely feel bumps and rough roads ALOT more once lowered. I personally dont mind it at all but if you want that Cadillac ride, dont lower it. Reading your sig (slammed C5) I guess you know what youre getting yourself into.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Had mine lowered on them for about two weeks now. Feel the bumps a little more but its still a nice tight ride.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Def. a rougher ride than the factory springs. The car will creak a little more when hitting bigger bumps and potholes. Some bumps in the road at highway speed will make the car feel like it is floating but it doesn't effect control.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see azn2damax just picked up the eibachs pro kit in the classifieds. They don't make these anymore for our car and I was fortunate enough to have them installed when I bought the car. Aside from being lowered I cant tell any discomfort in my ride plus they don't drop you as low as the H&H in the rear to prevent those tires bottoming out on bumpy turf. See if you can scavange a set somewhere I honestly love mine. First time Im not cursing having my car lowered and it doesn't feel like im sitting on boards the whole time.
Old 02-13-2012, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just do it. The ride in this car is shitty to begin with. That being said, it isnt a whole heck of a lot different.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
Just do it. The ride in this car is shitty to begin with. That being said, it isnt a whole heck of a lot different.
Ha, WHAT????
Old 02-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dr.duct_mossburg
I don't think I could possibly disagree with you more..
Old 02-14-2012, 01:50 PM
TECH Regular

People complain about the ride, the quality of the interior, the fit and finish of the exterior, how crappy the nav is, even how small the steering wheel is.....

It makes me wonder what kind of cars these people were driving previously, in order to become so accustomed to such perfect machines.

Sorry for the thread hijack OP, I don't have anything to add regarding H&R springs. I can't lower my car because the turbo charge pipes are under the engine cradle.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

Well said GulfM3

Originally Posted by GulfM3
People complain about the ride, the quality of the interior, the fit and finish of the exterior, how crappy the nav is, even how small the steering wheel is.....

It makes me wonder what kind of cars these people were driving previously, in order to become so accustomed to such perfect machines.

Sorry for the thread hijack OP, I don't have anything to add regarding H&R springs. I can't lower my car because the turbo charge pipes are under the engine cradle.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by EdmundGTP
I don't think I could possibly disagree with you more..
Sorry you disagree. The ride is rough comparative to other cars in its class (E55, RS6, M5, RS4, Etc).

Originally Posted by GulfM3

Came from the Audi Community. Fit and finish of the vehicle in a whole is far behind the German community. Not saying that I dont enjoy my V1, but I don't think the luxury side of it is very luxury at all.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I didnt really notice any difference when i switched to H&R,s probably the single best visual mod I ever did.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I didnt really notice any difference when i switched to H&R,s probably the single best visual mod I ever did.
agreed
Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 AM
11 Second Club

Those who say there is no difference between stock and H&R Springs must live in an area with well maintained roads! Theres a big difference.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

post up some lowered pics!
Old 02-17-2012, 10:46 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Im on H&R and its FINE. But then again my last two cars were lowered on Tien Coilovers. So im used to taking bumps slowly and a little more bumps making it into the cabin.
Old 02-17-2012, 11:26 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will soon mighty... I'm on the fence right now if I want to do the GC coilovers or the H&R springs... Honestly don't want to go too low with vehicle I'm back would like to leave a very minimal gap above rear tire. What's your opinion on GC's? & thanks for meeting me for the kit the other night! Your cars are even better looking in person
Old 02-17-2012, 12:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

h&r is lower than eibach from what ive seen on here
there are some 'show your lowered v' threads on here you could pick through
off the top of my head im not sure if ives seen a gc/mm combo but if its adjustable i would imagine you could set it up to be higher than eibach, or lower than hr or anywhere in between.. for more money
thanks back at ya.
Old 02-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Teching In

I have H&R on my car for about 3 weeks now, and i'm going back to OEM springs. It rides like ****, I also put new shocks on it when I switched over to the new springs. My front tires also hit, and had to have the front fenders rolled, but not before it pulled my passenger inner fender lip down and have to have both sides painted now after the damage. It will be about $500 out of pocket for rolling and body work on passenger side and painting the fenders. Oh well, lesson learned, but I also live in Utah and have shittiest roads possible.

Quick Reply: ?? about ride quality with H&R springs ??