Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Maybe a starter???

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe a starter???

SO I replaced the battery on the v a few days ago with a brand new one. The last few days however the car has been acting up on start. Funny thing is it never does it on a cold start when I first do it in the morning. It starts up right away. Now when I drive it off and on and try getting back in it it wont stat up on the first few key turns... Also I dont hear the clicking either when I do turn the key and it doesnt start. Other times will start right away. Kind of irritating as I dont want to get stuck somewhere and this fkr not start for me at all. Also had a tune done a few days ago and maybe the car doesnt like being fkd with??? The fact that I dont hear a clicking when it fails to start makes me think its the starter...Thoughts???
Old 03-16-2012, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would think bad battery connection or if you have headers it's burning through the cable. Are the dash lights coming on?
Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by itsslow98
I would think bad battery connection or if you have headers it's burning through the cable. Are the dash lights coming on?
No man the dash lights only all come on when I try and start it but then obviously all go out. Yeah im running headers with no wrap. Will have to check that tmrw. Drove it to a half dozen places since then today running errands and has started flawlessly every time. It's obviously fkn w me))
Old 03-16-2012, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second itsslow98.

Disconnect your battery cables and clean them real good with a wire brush if you haven't already.