Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tpm problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 10:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tpm problems

I went away for 10 days and when i came home I was having problems with the tpm. It says one of the tires is at 7 psi but I checked all off them and they are all good. I tried to reset/relearn them but it won't. I will get the first honk after pressing the lock and unlock buttons on the remote but nothing after I let the air out of any of the tires. The other sensors are working because the psi changes in the cluster when i adjust them but they are in the wrong spots. I just bought the car before I left and the previous owner rotated the tires for me before giving me the car and the tpm was working fine before i left. Am I doing something wrong that it will not relearn the sensors or do I just need a new sensor for that one wheel? Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Staging Lane

I also tried disconnecting the battery for a couple mins but that didn't help either.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your most likely going to need to purchase another one. I think these things can go bad
Old 03-28-2012, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

These things are a pos in my opinion. Fkn sick of dealing with them just replaced two of them cause they were leaking. Thought all was great only to find out my other one started leaking...This mounting and balancing business is really starting to add up and **** me off. Take the things and throw them the fk out lol is what I would do if I did it all over again. Just heard there may be some traction bs codes or something popping up once in a while.

Quick Reply: Tpm problems