Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Couple borla catback questions... anyone running it??

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Couple borla catback questions... anyone running it??

Hey guys,
I know i posted a thread about exhaust already but i found a used borla catback I'm considering. Anyone else running it or have any experience with it? It appears to be 2.5" with the x-pipe and borla muffs with the 5" rolled edge tips.

I went on youtube to find some vids of it but only found a couple V's using it and couldn't find any running headers and no cats to get an accurate idea of what it would sound like on my car. The few that i found were stock headers/cats with the catback only and it sounds pretty tame IMO like the magnaflow did with stock headers/cats.

Is there a reason why hardly anyone is running the borla?? The 5" tips are a little big for my taste bit they look nice. I guess i just like the 4" dual wall tips like the ones the mag catback comes with because I'm used to that look but is there a reason why hardly anyone is running the borla?

Anyone know what mufflers are used on the borla catback?? I wish they sold a stinger setup for our cars but they just have the larger cased mufflers which I'm assuming are the XR-1's...
Old 04-10-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Found a couple vids of borla catbacks on the GTO with headers and no cats and its still pretty tame.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

Had Borla Xr-1 race mufflers and xpipe welded into my stock system before I went with B&B, sounded real nice, a nice deep tone. I've always liked the way borla mufflers sound. Why not save some dough, considering you're staying 2.5" and the stock system is already SS. just buy an xpipe and a set of borla mufflers of your choice. They'll sound good, just not as bad *** as the B&B.
I didn't know Borla made a catback for our car.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Well my exhaust already has a magnaflow X in it but the piping around the diff is kind of beat up from when it blew before the 8.8 went in. That's really my sole need for the piping. Figured it would look like crap to have the exhaust shop cut and weld new bends right there where it's visible from the back.

I agree B&B is nicer than the Borla. I know Borla makes good quality products but I really would prefer a 3" B&B system so I may just hold out until I can find one used online.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Keep checking different sites for people selling their stuff. one could come up tomorrow. You never know
Old 04-10-2012, 03:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Well my exhaust already has a magnaflow X in it but the piping around the diff is kind of beat up from when it blew before the 8.8 went in. That's really my sole need for the piping. Figured it would look like crap to have the exhaust shop cut and weld new bends right there where it's visible from the back.

I agree B&B is nicer than the Borla. I know Borla makes good quality products but I really would prefer a 3" B&B system so I may just hold out until I can find one used online.
Will the B&B fit with your 8.8 swap? I am looking into an 8.8 down the road, but don't wanna sacrifice my B&B catback
Old 04-10-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Yeah, the 8.8 doesn't effect anything with the exhaust.

And that's true. I'll be checking daily until I find a catback. A good deal on a magnaflow would be nice but I really want to find a 3" B&B system.

Quick Reply: Couple borla catback questions... anyone running it??