Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CS Mounts and OBX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rwarden90
fuzzy logic just noticed that u have kook's cats do those bolt right up to the obx?
The Kooks 6760-FC cats are compatible with the OBX headers. They bolt right up. However, if you use these cats, beware: thely are NOT compatible (at least not initially) with the Magnaflow 16637 exhaust, which was designed to mate where the headers end.

I did my best with a Sawzall on the Magnaflow setup, but couldn't get it to fit right because of the geometry of the angled Magnaflow intake. Wound up paying a shop $150 to modify the exhaust. Now it fits great.
Old 05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Even the catted connectors don't fit the stock exhaust perfectly. The collectors are actually closer to the transmission than the factory catted connections (with flanges that bolt to the cat-back). So the slip-fittings aren't on the cut pipe perfectly square. It was tricky getting them on, but about 45 minutes of finagling got them on. Clamps should take care of the imperfections of the misaligned slip-fitting.

The trick was pushing the cat-back as far back as it would go, sliding the slip fittings over the trimmed cat-back loosely, then fitting the flanges to the collectors, and finally bringing the cat back forward and snugging up the slip fittings.

First I was trying to put the slip fittings on firmly without the cat back pushed back and then trying to push the cat-back to the rear while aligning the flanges... wasn't workin.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:13 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So wait... The magnaflow catback will bolt right up to the long tubes without the extension pipes/cats?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm gonna say not likely.

The collectors don't end up in the same position of the stock flanges after the cats. At least with the OBX, I can't speak for others.
Old 05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obx is that I have so some cutting/welding will be needed as I thought. No big deal but I was about to be happy if they'd bolt right up lol

Quick Reply: CS Mounts and OBX