Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

ATS/ATS-V info

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 08:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATS/ATS-V info

Well, no actual info about the V, but more info about the ATS is available from GM.

The car can be equipped with Heads-Up Display (described as: "and (UV6) full-color Head-Up Display"), which I think should have been on the 2nd gen CTS-V. Also, adaptive headlights, adaptive cruise, rear camera, and all the old-man stuff like blind spot alerts, lane departure warning, collision alert (complete with automatic braking), and so on.

Of course, you never know if the V model will have it, they may do like the STS-V did initially. None of that stuff, including HUD was available on the $75k+ V model, though it was all available on the regular V8 version for a lot less.

I am mostly liking what I'm hearing about the ATS, and I hope there is a V model, and that it includes all the driver-focused stuff like HUD and the headlights. My real hope is for a car similar to the 1st gen CTS-V, but with better economy, less weight, and the ergonomic and driveline quirks removed.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Just more **** that will break....but by all means very neat stuff. I'll have more faith once GM is able to build a tpms system that doesn't constantly break.
Old 07-08-2012, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dmax/04V
Just more **** that will break....but by all means very neat stuff. I'll have more faith once GM is able to build a tpms system that doesn't constantly break.
relax man
Old 07-08-2012, 01:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by RADEoN
relax man
What's the problem? It's not like he told someone to drive their car off a cliff.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The ATS is fat and ugly. If the CTS gets those features, great. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
The ATS is fat and ugly.
At 3,315 lbs base weight, it is, I believe, the lightest car Cadillac has made since the Cimmaron.

What could you possibly be using as a benchmark when you say it is fat?
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

owners of older vehicles always turn on the new vehicles for no real good reason.

if they could make the v version for under 3500lbs... its going to be a blast. About time Gm puts some proper gadgets on their luxury vehicles.
Old 07-08-2012, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RADEoN
relax man
calm down radeon I'm not putting the car down, I just wanted to make a point of GM's long history of questionable systems. Like my parking sensors that tell me I will back into something going 80 down the freeway. Tried to warranty that at 5 dealerships 15 times and there was "nothing" wrong with it haha.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I am also wary of some of that stuff. But HUD, decent headlights, cooled seats, and bluetooth that supports audio and such would be welcome upgrades. I don't need all the old-man crap, but I suppose GM needs to offer it.
Old 07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you don't want all those features sounds like you need to not look at new luxury cars... I just hope half of the stuff is setup so when it fails i cna ignore it if i choose to and have a car that basically didn't have it to start with. Still hoping for an ls3 ats-v... i'm old school, i don't need/want a turbo 6
Old 07-09-2012, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

I just hate having to spend time finding ways do disconnect and bypass systems that fail constantly. Once these systems have been around for an extended period of time and proven themselves I'm sure they will be great. Making adjustments to a BCM with a tech two is not cheap, or even finding someone with a tech two who is willing to make adjustments.
Old 07-09-2012, 11:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Fuzzy_Wuzzy
If you don't want all those features sounds like you need to not look at new luxury cars... I just hope half of the stuff is setup so when it fails i can ignore it if i choose to and have a car that basically didn't have it to start with.
How is that going to keep you coming to the dealership for service?

Quick Reply: ATS/ATS-V info