Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V Gen 1 to Compete at Fontana in the Cadillac Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V Gen 1 to Compete at Fontana in the Cadillac Challenge

Hello,
As some of you might know, the 7th round of the Cadillac Challenge will be here this weekend. Most of the cars on the track have been V2's with the exception of a few V1's. One of the newest/fastest entries is a V1. We encourage other V1 owners to come out to the track and compete as they have a pretty good rules advantage to be ultra competitive.

D3 will have techs on hand to assist with any on/off track service. For more information about the Challenge series you can visit http://cadillacrace.com/events/cadil...challengewest/

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please explain this " rules advantage"
Old 08-09-2012, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dr. Design
Hello,
As some of you might know, the 7th round of the Cadillac Challenge will be here this weekend. Most of the cars on the track have been V2's with the exception of a few V1's. One of the newest/fastest entries is a V1. We encourage other V1 owners to come out to the track and compete as they have a pretty good rules advantage to be ultra competitive.

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac
Thought I better quote this before it gets changed, like the rules have.

Please, this advantage you speak of. I am dying to know..
Old 08-09-2012, 05:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Short of dropping in a lsa or equivalent engine, v2 brakes/2 piece rotors, upgraded suspension, wheels and a decent seat, the v1 would seem outgunned against even a fully stock v2 regardless of tire choice. If you add up those costs, a used v2 seems like a quick and easier road to take.
Old 08-11-2012, 08:50 AM
On The Tree

Come on Dr.D!
Lets discuss these rules!
??

Last edited by furbe; 08-13-2012 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

For those of you who don't know, the newest/fastest entry he mentions is the D3 V1 race car and it competes in C3 Modified. It's rules advantage is there are no rules.
If you don't happen to own a full blown V1 race car but maybe a stock first gen and would like to run the C1 Showroon stock class then your "rules advantage" is you can run a 100 treadware tire. (nitto NT-01/toyo R888)

V2 cars must use 140+ treadware tire. (Hankook RS-3)

Basically if you don't spend $1000 on a set of tires you give up your only "advantage"
If you are lucky you will get 2-3 events out of a set.

RS-3 hankooks last 2-3 times as long

The other thing I would love to hear from Dr. Design is the mods D3 has done on cars competing in C1 Showroom stock.
D3 has modified the points leading V2 competing in C1 (sway bars, coilovers, exhaust, tune and who knows what else)
Another C1 car boasts D3 engine mods of 680hp!
These cars are SHOWROOM STOCK. What does that mean exactly?
I will confess that I had aftermarket coilovers on my V1 in showroom stock. That was my only mod. No swaybars, tune, exhaust or anything else.
I have yet to find that advantage, but I sure would like to... Help me out Doc.

Quick Reply: CTS-V Gen 1 to Compete at Fontana in the Cadillac Challenge