Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

SRP Block Anodized Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Default SRP Block Anodized Pedals

I installed SRP pedals about two months ago, and figured you might want some driving/installation impressions. First, a picture:

I went with the block style over the grid style, despite SRP's claims that their new grid style is grippier. I theorized that their testing methodology didn't account for the fact that the pedals (and people's feet) tend to mate at an oblique angle, where a bigger, more "gnarly" stair-step pattern would offer superior feel--especially if you wear dress shoes a lot. I think I was right, but frankly, I'd have to shell out another $160 to find out, and I'm not about to do that.

SRP pedals versus the stock pedals:
  • Heel-toeing is now possible. That's huge--and frankly, the only reason why I think anyone can justify the $160 price. The broad strip that SRP added to the left side of the gas pedal finally gives you enough material to get your heel on it without having to jump in your seat and rotate your hips.
  • Downward slippage on the clutch pedal is reduced. That slow, downward slippage you probably get when you're in stop-and-go traffic is mostly solved. Ever have to put the car into neutral because you were worried that your foot was getting low on the pedal? I used to have to do that all the time, and have only had to do it once or twice since.
  • Wet traction and wet rubber squeak are solved. Thank God.

Important installation observation:
  • They don't give you the right hardware for the gas pedal and the emergency brake pedal. I had to dip into my hardware reserves (including plastic drywall anchors for the emergency brake pedal) because their screws didn't want to tap, or the bolts were too short, or there wasn't enough of something. That sucked, but I got the job done in an hour.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice review. I keep debating getting these (and this pushes me closer) it is sad when i can heel toe my jeep wrangler 50x better than my "sports car"
Old 12-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I opted for the Grid style. Great product, and the extra meat on the gas pedal is VERY nice.

Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im happy with mine as well. I have the grid style like ^^ but in silver. No problems "heel toeing" except i use the left side/big toe area to brake and blip with my right side of my foot rather then a full on heel and toe. Works a little better for me. Might be worth a try if getting your heel on the gas is uncomfortable.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

EdmundGTP - Those grip style look quite clean, I think I'll opt for those when I grab some new ones
Old 12-02-2012, 03:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Keep in mind that SRP is almost constantly offering 15-20% off on some forum, somewhere. Google is your friend.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nice man I like em... Although I prefer silver finish... Nice review
Old 12-02-2012, 05:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've always wanted some pedals but never really liked the contrast of the silver on black. These look really nice..effective but subtIle. Keeps the stock interior look.. I also like that added area on the gas pedal. I hate how I have to keep my right foot at such an angle. Not sure what your gas pedal was like but mine has about 1/4 inch play back and forth..if you grab it you can move it.. Seems like I need to shim it where it connects to the rod...

I've slipped off pedals and it isn't fun, especially the clutch. It normally happens on the commute and it's always a good indicator I need some new shoes.

I want pedals that grip like when I drive in my golf shoes...
Old 12-02-2012, 06:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Been looking at getting a set of pedals for my V. It has beige interior, so I think the silver might look better. More similar to the pedals in my C5. The pricing is better than I thought. Not sure what texture to get though...

For the installation, do they use self tapping screws on the brake and clutch pedals?? Or do you put nuts on the backside? Didn't really see much on the installation.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:12 PM
TECH Junkie

The brake and clutch pedals use little Allen head bolts with nuts in the back. The instructions have you use the SRP pedal as a drilling template.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:34 PM
Staging Lane

this is awesome, they will save me the trouble of building a gas pedal add on, simply to heal-toe.

Quick Reply: SRP Block Anodized Pedals