Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Twin intank walbro install pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 10:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! Good stuff in this thread. I'm wrapping up my parts list - pricey. I've always been a fan of Earl's fittings and looking to go with the Pro-lite 350 hose and swivel seals.

When you put your bulkhead fittings in the bucket did you secure it with a nut and sealant? I've seen some where they threaded those fittings. Just concerned about fuel vapor.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drilled a very tight hole, and used a nylon washer on the inside, along with a nut. It needs to be a good seal, bc there will be fuel full to the top most of the time.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:15 AM
TECH Regular

Just to be clear...have you tested both pumps to see how it performs in the bucket? I'm concerned about cavitation and heat pick-up from the return.

I would love to hear how your set-up performs WOT (both pumps) and part throttle around town (single pump).

I'm pulling the trigger on the parts tomorrow. This set-up is miles above using a BAP for getting over the 500whp hump.
Old 09-12-2013, 05:09 PM
On The Tree

I have been running on the single pump for a couple weeks now, but I am on a stock motor with no power adders. The only time I tested both pumps is when I drained the tank to fix the wiring, it drained 5 gallons fine without any cavitation. My only concern with running both pumps all the time, is I don't know if the jet pump would work properly to transfer fuel to the pump side of the tank.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:42 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Frostbite
I have been running on the single pump for a couple weeks now, but I am on a stock motor with no power adders. The only time I tested both pumps is when I drained the tank to fix the wiring, it drained 5 gallons fine without any cavitation. My only concern with running both pumps all the time, is I don't know if the jet pump would work properly to transfer fuel to the pump side of the tank.
If you get starvation in the bucket then I could see that as a possibility - as long as the bucket is covered, I really don't think there is anything to worry about. If I was to auto-x then I would ensure I had a full tank but street driving I think it's safe. I'm putting the second pump on a Hobbs (2psi) switch.

Here's my handy work:

Thanks for posting your work - I'm building my fuel system based on your work, slight changes but basically the same.

Last edited by philistine; 09-23-2013 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

The pumps look great, especially the barbed fitting tapped into the bucket for the return. Make sure the lock ring will still fit over the top with the new bulkheads (I had to cut off the factory line nipples) , and make sure the lines clear at the installed height (top compresses down almost completely)
Old 09-30-2013, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

Thanks! I did run into a snag with the compressed height and "horseshoe". I flipped it as you did but then the return fitting was obstructing it. In the end, I "dressed" that horseshoe by cutting a notch.

That bucket is a PITA to get in there with that return line. After I squeezed it in there, I had a piece of string tied to the return fitting and fished it up to tighten it. Of course this makes my fancy trap door almost useless for servicing the fuel system.

Here is a link to the install:
http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ig-slop-5.html

Quick Reply: Twin intank walbro install pics