Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

any v1's run the silver state race?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 05:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default any v1's run the silver state race?

this is something i have been wanting to do for a while. paying for a wedding last year got in the way of getting the trans am done last year to run.(wives just dont understand) im up in ely a multiple times a year camping out on cave lake and just got back from the last trip but i took the v this time................
we are usually trying to make up time once we hit the 318 and the caddy did impressively well! it responds better than our fifth gens did making the same trip. gonna start sending out the paperwork after this years silver state but was curious if any one else on here has/is running a v1? not many of us to begin with let alone that actively race.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've done it 3 times in my V1, If I remember correctly the 105, 110 and 105 classes. Car handles it very well, you'll just need some good tires and have to buy or fabricate a fire extinguisher mount. I would recommend making sure the front air damn panels under the car are tight, and the clips are all tight. You can see in the pic below I had one of mine come loose during my run

If you want to go beyond the 110mph class, you need additional safety equipment, namely at least a harness bar. The downside of the V1 is there's not a bolt in harness bar, so if you want to go faster it's going to involve fabricating a bar and at least temporarily losing the back seats. Since mine was my daily I couldn't really do that. I also drove mine down from Canada each time I went, round trip was around 3000 miles each time, and I've never had any problems...unlike some of the cars in our group

any v1's run the silver state race?-t40iexch.jpg
Old 09-19-2016, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice!
Old 09-19-2016, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Tires I have will hold up pretty well, fire extinguisher mount I am working on. The air dam is a good call. Some extra attachments are a good plan! Get my new clutch set up done next month and the list should be Compleat for now. Bad *** picture btw.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:30 AM
Launching!

Very cool. I've considered running the event. How did you finish? What tires are you running?
Old 09-22-2016, 11:58 AM
Teching In

Thanks! I've run KDW2's and Dunlop Sport Maxx GT's in the past. Tires need to be under 5 years old based on the date code on the tires. I placed 4th, 6th, and 1st over the 3 times I did it. Definitely try it some time, the event is fun, people are friendly and there's some amazing cars that show up.

I'm hoping to try Big Bend in the next year, but it's a bit of a long haul from Canada
Old 09-27-2016, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

looks awesome! get videos.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Anomaly
I would recommend making sure the front air damn panels under the car are tight, and the clips are all tight.
Replace the clips with zip ties or metal clips and screws. That is the common fix in the standing mile events.

This event would be fun, let us know how it goes!

Quick Reply: any v1's run the silver state race?