Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Coilover Guys

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilover Guys

Anybody with Ksport or D2 coilovers, can you tell me which dampener setting are you running? I'm thinking of running my 9 clicks back from the firmest setting but was curious what others were running.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am running mine at 12 clicks back. That is the 1st setting I tried I liked it so did not bother adjusting. Although I messed up the install.
How did you set the preload on the springs? Is the spring touching the body of the car for the fronts or did you somehow re use the stock rubber.

Sorry for the
Old 04-01-2013, 02:03 PM
Teching In

K sports firmest setting, tucking tire in the rear flush to the top in front....sweet tight ride not bouncy just firm.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ageorge7
I am running mine at 12 clicks back. That is the 1st setting I tried I liked it so did not bother adjusting. Although I messed up the install.
How did you set the preload on the springs? Is the spring touching the body of the car for the fronts or did you somehow re use the stock rubber.

Sorry for the
I set the preload just snug with the spring, I read a few threads where guys recommended to preload a few turns up but so far (have yet to drive after install) I'm just sticking with the instructions to just snug the spring with no preload. I did swap out the K-sport springs for Ebach 600/650.

12 clicks back sounds about right for what I want, roads a crap here in Seattle so I don't want to go two stiff!

Thanks for the feedback.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Race Bannon
K sports firmest setting, tucking tire in the rear flush to the top in front....sweet tight ride not bouncy just firm.
Wow all the way up and that's not too much? Interesting, thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-01-2013, 04:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm run 8 click from stiffest up front and 9 clicks in the rear. and 600/650 springs
Old 04-01-2013, 06:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by etcts-v
Wow all the way up and that's not too much? Interesting, thanks for the feedback!
Yea the roads here are nice and flat and new so running this way is not an issue....my worry is being lowered I don't want to cycle too much and take out the fender liners.
Again the ride is great but again the roads are nice and smooth for the most part! Your in Seattle? Born and raised West Seattle!
Old 04-03-2013, 07:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Race Bannon
Yea the roads here are nice and flat and new so running this way is not an issue....my worry is being lowered I don't want to cycle too much and take out the fender liners.
Again the ride is great but again the roads are nice and smooth for the most part! Your in Seattle? Born and raised West Seattle!
Ahh so you know how horrible the roads are here! haha, probably moving to SoCal next year so won't be an issue for long!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Running 9 notches from firmest here. Been thinking about softening it up a little though. Seems a little bouncy at times for me.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SSmokd U
Running 9 notches from firmest here. Been thinking about softening it up a little though. Seems a little bouncy at times for me.
That's probably because D2/K-Sport coilovers don't have separate low and high speed circuits. You have to tune for one or the other.

Quick Reply: Coilover Guys