Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2004 CTS-V Procharger build

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 07:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I plan on making a trip to you soon sir! I need to see this beast and take notes!
Old 12-07-2015, 11:07 AM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

You are welcome anytime Nik! I hope to receive my CS 8.8 before Christmas and get it installed over the holidays. The last hurdle before I am calling this car complete will be a better air filter setup. Its choking right now and leaving lots on the table.
Old 12-07-2015, 02:34 PM
TECH Addict

Well, I have been thinking about the intake situation and I believe I have a decent answer. If you look at the MSD cts-v that they had a d1sc on they built a different hat for the intake. Same basic idea but instead of going further out toward the north and south type of things. Which should have plenty of room to do so. And by doing that it should give the hat enough volume to take some restriction away. Granted, there will always be some restriction to this type of design due to turbulent airflow, and having to make the turn, but that would be a minimal loss.

At any rate I need to mount the blower so I can take some measurements and do some calculations with volume. If you get the opportunity to measure what space you have, from blower flange to strut tower I'd be curious to see what was there. Because I too one day may do what you have done and go with the F1a blower.

Which brings up another thought I had, and I will send you a PM.

Here is what I'm talking about! Seems easy enough. Just some sheet metal and tig welding. Couple of laser cut parts and viola!
Old 12-07-2015, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Well, I have been thinking about the intake situation and I believe I have a decent answer. If you look at the MSD cts-v that they had a d1sc on they built a different hat for the intake. Same basic idea but instead of going further out toward the north and south type of things. Which should have plenty of room to do so. And by doing that it should give the hat enough volume to take some restriction away. Granted, there will always be some restriction to this type of design due to turbulent airflow, and having to make the turn, but that would be a minimal loss.

At any rate I need to mount the blower so I can take some measurements and do some calculations with volume. If you get the opportunity to measure what space you have, from blower flange to strut tower I'd be curious to see what was there. Because I too one day may do what you have done and go with the F1a blower.

Which brings up another thought I had, and I will send you a PM.

Here is what I'm talking about! Seems easy enough. Just some sheet metal and tig welding. Couple of laser cut parts and viola!
Looks clean but I wonder how much clearance they have and what happens when the motor moves due to torque transfer
Old 12-08-2015, 07:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by serik21
Looks clean but I wonder how much clearance they have and what happens when the motor moves due to torque transfer
most likely solid/poly engine mounts..... motor won't move much if at all.
Old 12-08-2015, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CaptSlow
most likely solid/poly engine mounts..... motor won't move much if at all.
Yeah this^ My UMI mounts don't allow for much movement. While there obviously will always be some, not enough to worry about.

Also, in case you're thinking that piece is part of the strut tower it is not. It is completely separate. So Any movement there would be would simply be a rubbing metal against metal. Plus not to mention the silicone coupler between the blower and the hat.
Old 12-08-2015, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Yeah this^ My UMI mounts don't allow for much movement. While there obviously will always be some, not enough to worry about.

Also, in case you're thinking that piece is part of the strut tower it is not. It is completely separate. So Any movement there would be would simply be a rubbing metal against metal. Plus not to mention the silicone coupler between the blower and the hat.
Well I also forgot that the motor torques to the right so essentially you are gaining clearance.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Are those custom one off intakes on the chargers? I like those boxes.
Old 12-28-2015, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How does one tighten the procharger tensioner front bolt if the rad is 1/8" from the tensioner?
Or are you relying on that 15mm top nut to hold it down?
Old 12-29-2015, 01:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by vmapper
How does one tighten the procharger tensioner front bolt if the rad is 1/8" from the tensioner?
Or are you relying on that 15mm top nut to hold it down?
Good question. The stock radiator has a fat end tank on the top, then necks down to only a 1" core. The 1/8" clearance is to the end cap. It's hard to tell from the pic but the bolt actually has plenty of room for a wrench because it sits below the end tank. This does cause problems if I ever upgrade radiators.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:54 PM
TECH Addict

Bump for my use

Quick Reply: 2004 CTS-V Procharger build