Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What year CTS V to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 12:12 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SWEET98SS
wow, I just looked it up, $4100 for a bolt in 9". I am trying to get a car that will hold up over time. It seemed like on the Fbodies, the 10 bolt was the weak link.

Is the rear any stronger in the 09+? I mean if I bought a 2007 CTS V for $20,000 and put a rear in it, Im into it for $24,000, mine as well spend the extra 6 to 8K for a 09+ V.

Also, I have another question, is everyone happy with the CTS V as far as a sports car? Or do you wish you had a Mustang/Camaro, Corvette?
I came from a Trans Am modded to the teeth (only lacking a 9") and I'm never looking back. I would rather drive my bolt-on '05 V than my H/C forged and nasty T/A...all day every day. Not to mention the difference in attention from the ladies...oh good LAWD...
Old 11-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Teching In

I have a 500hp 2002 trans am and a 2009 cts v. The cts v drives like a dream, runs faster times, fits four adults, gets more attention from the ladies. I only drive the trans am now to keep it from sitting to long.
Anyone want to buy a clean, low miles, trans am?
Old 11-02-2013, 10:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, Im surprised how much people like there cts v, even over a modified trans am.

I have found a 2007 CTS V with 49000 miles for $23,000, magnaflow exhaust, all bushings, mounts upgraded, KN filter CAI. Mint. Comes with all factory parts and car cover. Does this sound like a good deal?

Im trying to convice myself to hold off getting one right now but this ones sounds perfect for what I want.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, Im surprised how much people like there cts v, even over a modified trans am.

I have found a 2007 CTS V with 49000 miles for $23,000, magnaflow exhaust, all bushings, mounts upgraded, KN filter CAI. Mint. Comes with all factory parts and car cover. Does this sound like a good deal?

Im trying to convice myself to hold off getting one right now but this ones sounds perfect for what I want.
Sounds pretty good. What do they mean by "all bushings"? Like the whole suspension has been redone in Poly? Or all the rear subframe bushings? Did they use stock rubber bushings? Just some things to look into. IMHO as long as you have a smile on your face when you turn the key, that's all that matters. I still get all cross eyed and sweaty when I drive mine. And I only have headers/exhaust on it.

Just as a frame of reference... I bought mine last year from CarMax... Yea I know... But it was literally the only one I could find that wasn't beat to death. I missed another one that was in perfect shape my 45 minutes. No joke. The dude was driving 6 hours down to get it, he already wired the funds... Anyways I picked mine up for 18500+ tax, title, license fees and whatnot it came out to just about 21. Its a 2004 and at the time it had 75k miles. I bought it hoping the mod bug would stay away... But I was bitten not 2 months later with long tubes and full exhaust from stainless works. And I just did a custom Hurst shifter and new shifter bushings. I love it. I honestly am in the minority here but I wouldn't trade my V1 for a V2. It feels so bitchin to drive. And when you get a car this size sideways, people give you a hilarious WTF look. Yes, the rear ends suck, although some have stood up to 500hp from Maggies or head/cam/intake/exhaust stuff. But some eat themselves up under stock power. I have been lucky so far. I drive the dog **** out of mine but I am always careful to minimize wheel hop with judicious use of the loud pedal. That said, I have had it on a tight track sliding around the whole day without any wheel hop. I guess the ol girl just likes going sideways I dunno.

Next for mine is a set of heads, cam, and some supporting mods. Strongly considering some Trick Flow 220cc as cast heads and a torquemax stage 2 or 3 can all from Tick. Cross my fingers for 400-420whp or more.

I will admit the sheer power of the V2 is the big plus as far as the V2 goes for me. Man it would be so nice to already have a fairly large TVS on there with 550+ hp. Plus those motors/blowers are so easy to mod... Pulley down, E85, big injectors and you have a monster on your hands.

Ah just my ridiculous opinion for what its worth. The V1 is almost like the fox body mustang of big 4 door rocket ship cars. they are fairly cheap for what you get, fairly easy to mod, and when compared to a lot of cars today, they are still decently quick.

Last edited by ryridesmotox; 11-04-2013 at 02:48 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:27 PM
TECH Resident

I just bought a stock 07, same mileage, for $20K. Just finished up getting all of the necessary bushings installed. Some I did myself, some I didn't have the time and paid a shop to do it. I was hoping to buy a car with them done already, and after gone through it, still think that was the right plan. Assuming the car is the right color combo and checks on on a test drive, I'd feel comfortable paying $22K.

I'm guessing the car your talking about is in PA? If I'm right, he won't take $22K. Ask me how I know...
Old 11-03-2013, 11:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Just as a frame of reference... I bought mine last year from CarMax... Yea I know... But it was literally the only one I could find that wasn't beat to death. Anyways I picked mine up for 185000+ tax, title, license fees and whatnot
And that was the no haggle price?
Old 11-04-2013, 02:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01_SuperSlow
And that was the no haggle price?
LOL My bad. I edited my previous post
Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Ah just my ridiculous opinion for what its worth. The V1 is almost like the fox body mustang of big 4 door rocket ship cars. they are fairly cheap for what you get, fairly easy to mod, and when compared to a lot of cars today, they are still decently quick.
This is pretty apt. A whole lot of car for the money.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fweasal, Yes its th car in Pa. The car sounds like its mint, guy wont even let people shut the door with the handle, no finger prints.

I have decided to wait a year and save up for a V2 or something along that power level. I dont want to mod the car, at least no cam or heads. I did this on my last car and in the end, I should have just sold it and bought a faster car, newer car. The V2 or the LSA supercharged motor and so much potential so I am leaning towards that motor.

Thanks for the all the replies.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:42 PM
TECH Addict

Fweasal, Yes its th car in Pa. The car sounds like its mint, guy wont even let people shut the door with the handle, no finger prints.

I have decided to wait a year and save up for a V2 or something along that power level. I dont want to mod the car, at least no cam or heads. I did this on my last car and in the end, I should have just sold it and bought a faster car, newer car. The V2 or the LSA supercharged motor and so much potential so I am leaning towards that motor.

Thanks for the all the replies.
THats what you need to do! Save up and get what you want!
Old 11-05-2013, 09:57 PM
TECH Resident

Fweasal, Yes its th car in Pa. The car sounds like its mint, guy wont
I guess that's how clean cars stay clean.

Quick Reply: What year CTS V to buy?