Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tire Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire Suggestions

I'm in the market for a set of new tires just wanted to get some input on what you guys prefer to run. So far i'm considering:

1. Pirelli CINTURATO P1 VERDE
2. BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE760 SPORT
3. Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S
4. Nitto NT555
5. BFG g-Force Sport COMP-2

Thanks Thomas
Old 02-11-2014, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

Tires are one of those things that aren't universally better or worse than each other. They all have trade offs and different capabilities when it comes to dry/wet/snow traction and cost/mileage/traction trade offs.

Of that list I've only had personal experience with the RE760. It was a decent tire for the price, I got about 11k miles out of them including some autocrosses and a track day. In my opinion it's a great daily driver tire if you don't plan on taking the car to it's limits.

Let us know how you plan on using your car and what your driving motivation is. i.e. Performance/Price or Tread life/traction?
Old 02-11-2014, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the V12 also...
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....s+V12+evo+K110
Old 02-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Has to be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I don't have experience with the other tires but I believe the Michelins should be number 1 on the list imo.

I had the v12s and they weren't even close to the Michelins
Old 02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Check out the Bridgestone pole position r-04 tires. On everything you can find, they are dead even with the michelin, but speaking from experience with both, Bridgestone has prolly a hair better traction, a lot better wet traction, and the sidewalks are a lot stiffer, so you don't get that wobbly, I'm driving a 98 Buick lesabre, feeling in turns. The only down side I can find is that they're summer tires, which limits it's traction capabilities when cold. Far better tire.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:10 PM
Staging Lane

Currently running the 760 Sports and they have about 14000 miles on them. I dont have a tire depth gauge but I would guestimate 40% tread left. Most of my driving is highway and very light around town stuff. Im a sissy driving it around town and save the spirited stuff for a track day or auto-x which I havent had time for yet.

Going to give the V12's a try next time around...the Bridgestones were on the car shortly before I bought it so I'll try something different next time to see how they compare.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:11 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the reply's so far i will look into your guys suggestions.

Some info about me and my car, it is not a daily driver its my car i like to have fun with. I mostly drive it on dry days around town or going up canyons. I do have sway bars if it makes a difference.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I really like the Continental Extreme contact DW.
Old 02-11-2014, 12:16 PM
TECH Resident

Michelin PSS
Old 02-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Launching!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...&affiliate=HK8

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparis...omparison-test

Last edited by TeamSorad; 02-11-2014 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

I just picked up the Hankook Ventus S1 Noble2s. I haven't seen any reviews on them from V guys, but figured they'd be worth a try, since I need an all season on strong tread. I should have em soon.

Go with a max summer tire then. The Ventus summer tires aren't bad for the price from what I heard.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Launching!

michellin PSS IMO. I got those on my rear. saving up to get my front ones now.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have the PSS's and those tires are the best i have driven no doubt.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by romancommander
I really like the Continental Extreme contact DW.
I have the same ones on my car and I felt they were really good until I started putting real power down lol
Old 02-11-2014, 03:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by That_Z28_Camaro
I have the same ones on my car and I felt they were really good until I started putting real power down lol
What size?
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by romancommander
what size?
295/35
Old 02-11-2014, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have Michelin PS A/S 3 and they are better than the Hankook V12 and they have a 45k mileage warranty, and they still kick *** in cold temps. I still run winter tires though; they suck in snow. I believe they're worth the price for a number of reasons.
Old 02-11-2014, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackChevy
I'm in the market for a set of new tires just wanted to get some input on what you guys prefer to run.
Is this for your black Chevy? What size tires does it run? What is your budget? Where are you located? What are your priorities (cost, longevity, wet and/or dry traction, road noise, ride quality, etc)? Without knowing any of those things, you end up with exactly what this thread has already become - a list of people chiming in with what tires are on their cars. You could walk around a parking lot at the mall and get equally useful information.

Originally Posted by BlackChevy
So far i'm considering:

1. Pirelli CINTURATO P1 VERDE
2. BRIDGESTONE POTENZA RE760 SPORT
3. Falken ZIEX ZE950 A/S
4. Nitto NT555
5. BFG g-Force Sport COMP-2
It doesn't look like that Pirelli is offered in the US, and even if it was, I'm not sure how it would make your list. According to Pirelli's international website, the Cinturato P1 Verde is "The Green Performance tyre for city and compact cars. Good control on both dry and wet conditions ensuring a comfortable driving experience. Reduction of rolling resistance, especially in urban situations." Maybe your black Chevy is a Spark?

Other than the Pirelli for city cars, you have two relatively modern ultra high performance summer tires (the RE760s and the COMP2s), an outdated UHP summer tire (the NT555), and an all season tire (the ZE950). Interesting array of tires. How did you arrive at that list?
Old 02-11-2014, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Is this for your black Chevy? What size tires does it run? What is your budget? Where are you located? What are your priorities (cost, longevity, wet and/or dry traction, road noise, ride quality, etc)? Without knowing any of those things, you end up with exactly what this thread has already become - a list of people chiming in with what tires are on their cars. You could walk around a parking lot at the mall and get equally useful information.

I'm located in southern California..this is for my 2004 CTS V... wouldn't mind staying with 245 or moving up a size depending on the tire..since this isn't my DD i wanted more of a performance tire... i wanted to stay around $150 a tire...i sometimes drive in the rain...quality and noise doesn't really bother me too much.

It doesn't look like that Pirelli is offered in the US, and even if it was, I'm not sure how it would make your list. According to Pirelli's international website, the Cinturato P1 Verde is "The Green Performance tyre for city and compact cars. Good control on both dry and wet conditions ensuring a comfortable driving experience. Reduction of rolling resistance, especially in urban situations." Maybe your black Chevy is a Spark?

My black chevy is a 2000 silverado with 35in copper sst tires

Other than the Pirelli for city cars, you have two relatively modern ultra high performance summer tires (the RE760s and the COMP2s), an outdated UHP summer tire (the NT555), and an all season tire (the ZE950). Interesting array of tires. How did you arrive at that list?
Just reading around the web...people said that they were decent tires.
Old 02-11-2014, 06:45 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
Has to be the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. I don't have experience with the other tires but I believe the Michelins should be number 1 on the list imo.
No experience with the other tires, why should t yours be at the top?
Though they are awesome, but expensive tires.

Originally Posted by MN_V
I have Michelin PS A/S 3 and they are better than the Hankook V12 and they have a 45k mileage warranty, and they still kick *** in cold temps. I still run winter tires though; they suck in snow. I believe they're worth the price for a number of reasons.
I had these and I agree. Brilliant tires. Fantastic side walls and I found others rolled too easy causing tire squeal and roar.

Quick Reply: Tire Suggestions