Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Well the V got backed into

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 06:45 PM
JDB
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If that's how she does it, then expect a depreciation claim to be filed thereafter. No wonder she gets so many phone calls. What company does she work for?

Comprehensive v collision has no bearing on prior claims or driving history; each has defined set of parameters of what falls under each.

Maybe you should let your woman speak about insurance rather than spouting off misinformation.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:50 PM
JDB
Launching!

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
It usually won't be. My fiancée is an estimator at a collision repair shop. You can pay the difference to get an OEM piece. But she has to search used, reman, and aftermarket before she gets OEM. That's what insurances dictate.

No, this is when you sign away an estimation allowing the use of remain parts. And your woman is saving the body shop money. Fvck that. Read your insurance contract.

Get your insurance to buy OEM parts...that's what was broken, that's what gets replaced.

Again, let your woman post.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

I have High Point and they ONLY buy OEM parts. I just finished rebuilding a totaled V, don't even ask how much that cost -___-
Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a car get hit in a parking lot while unattended once. I was not filed as a comprehensive claim. My agent told me it was covered under collision which cost me more money because I had a deductible on collision, but $0 for comprehensive.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JDB

No, this is when you sign away an estimation allowing the use of remain parts. And your woman is saving the body shop money. Fvck that. Read your insurance contract.

Get your insurance to buy OEM parts...that's what was broken, that's what gets replaced.

Again, let your woman post.
She works for a collision center. The insurance companies give money for the claims. They will only give money for certain parts. Most are used or remanufactured. Maybe its different where you are from. But here in commifornia, if you get hit, you get the **** end of the stick. There are some instances where there are no aftermarket or remaned stuff that can be found. In that case it is an OEM part. But otherwise it gets fixed as to the insurer's standard. Which is as cheaply as possible. I'm sure it's different for a "collector car" insurer but otherwise, most insurers here pay for the cheapest parts to get the job done to OEM specs, even if its not OEM parts. Again, insurers are there to pay out as little as possible for claims. Not to put brand new OEM stuff on cars if something with the same quality can be had for cheaper. Tis the way of things.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:50 AM
JDB
Launching!

Not to self... never buy a used car from CA.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JDB
Not to self... never buy a used car from CA.
Mine was from Detroit lol it was done corporate taxi for someone... You want a car from Arizona first then from California. ZERO rust in AZ cars.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:35 AM
12 Second Club

Some time Monday I will go talk to security and find out if they could see anything. I will also ask my insurance if the claim would affect me. I have a feeling it will because I asked the same thing when my truck got hit at the bar and the answer was yes, if there is no police report saying some one else did it, the damage is probably your fault type of deal. And yes shipping for the bumper cover is $135, my full 55 chevy floor was only $150 and it weighs a ton.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:31 AM
Launching!

Forget if you said earlier what insurance you have but it sounds pretty terrible and time to look for another. I have an insurance thread where my car got sprayed with rocks and it went under my comprehensive. windshield was replaced, paint, headlights buffed, oem fog lights replaced the total was 4500.

No police report or anything, "if there is no police report saying some one else did it, the damage is probably your fault type of deal" This sentence makes no sense at all, 99% cops don't even show up unless someone is hurt. Esp not for a little bump in a private parking lot. Should have no bearing on your claim, how would a cop who didn't see what happened determine who's fault it was?

Insurance didn't go up and was a comprehensive claim
Old 03-17-2014, 12:41 AM
12 Second Club

I have Progressive Insurance. I cant complain about them as far as service goes, they have always taken care of me. It just costs too much, and I cant really switch for another 2 years now, I am high risk. Which really sucks becuase my last speeding ticket was from July of 2006.

Any claim that you make that your insurance policy has to pay out will affect how your rates are calculated. Most insurance companies have a free claim or two built in. The adjuster and the body shop both told me, it would be the same if I got drunk and side swiped a parked car, as it would be if I was parked and got side swiped.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ry, I think JDB is full of ****, my body shop and my insurance company worked together and did exactly what you just said.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:09 AM
12 Second Club

Well I talked to security at work last week and they were no help what so ever. I went and got a quote from Progressive yesterday afternoon, needless to say I am not happy with them either. They don't want to replace the headlight that got a small crack in it because nothing else on the housing is broke and they think its been like that. I even told them I looked at the lights the week before it got hit because I was planning on buffing them out, and there were no cracks. Now it has moisture in it and my low beam on that side stopped working. Without the headlight its $1900 in damage and I have to pay a $500 deductable.
Old 04-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Teching In

To say they think the crack has been there should be followed with some sort of justification as to why they think it's been there. If they're that good and can tell that, they should also give you an estimate has to how long the crack has been there. You might be able to get another (or independent) appraiser. Personally, I wouldn't let them get away with speculative comments and make them justify their claims with evidence.

Sucks because you'll have to fight, claw, and argue for every little thing. When in the mean time you give them a steady trickle of $2.5K a year for "insurance". And as soon as you need it they start with the deductible ($500+).
Old 04-02-2014, 10:37 AM
Staging Lane

wish you were closer to me I would take care of it. GM will aftermarket price match if the shop does enough volume with them. As far as the headlight don't get too worked up about it, if it is from the accident the ins. company will have to replace it when the shop does repairs. Have the shop sand and clear the other headlight while at it. From personal experience ins. company's will almost always write low for repairs in hopes that you will cash the check and run never fixing the damage. Find a reputable shop that does high end work and they should be able to fix it all for you.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Staging Lane

no need for a third party appraisal that is what a good shop would do for free. If you have any questions PM me or post them up.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:19 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Birdmantamu
To say they think the crack has been there should be followed with some sort of justification as to why they think it's been there. If they're that good and can tell that, they should also give you an estimate has to how long the crack has been there. You might be able to get another (or independent) appraiser. Personally, I wouldn't let them get away with speculative comments and make them justify their claims with evidence.

Sucks because you'll have to fight, claw, and argue for every little thing. When in the mean time you give them a steady trickle of $2.5K a year for "insurance". And as soon as you need it they start with the deductible ($500+).
They think the crack was already there because none of the mounting tabs seem broken. They said they will replace it if it looks like there is other damage to it, indicating that it was hit. I told them I'm not doing anything unless they can have it in writing that I get the headlight.
The body shop manager said that I got a newer adjuster, and that maybe the old one will help me.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:03 AM
Staging Lane

wow, that sucks. My fiance is an agent, she said she uses a couple companys that will only use OEM parts. But most don't care and use whatever they can find.

$2000 a year for insurance? Dang. Bad driving record or just bad rates out there?
Old 04-03-2014, 10:06 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by no moa
wow, that sucks. My fiance is an agent, she said she uses a couple companys that will only use OEM parts. But most don't care and use whatever they can find.

$2000 a year for insurance? Dang. Bad driving record or just bad rates out there?
I was going to switch companies last year because my driving record was spotless. The last ticket I had was in 2006. Then I screwed up and got a OWI last year, which really only raised my rates $200 a year so far. This claim on my V is only the second claim I have ever made, and the first claim was 4 years ago. State Farm was going to cut the premiums in half for me, but they wont take me now.
Old 04-15-2014, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

Here is a little update. Insurance finally agreed to pay for the headlight and they cut me a check. I should have everything in the next week or so. I got all aftermarket parts but it should work out ok. Of course the Led's, hid fogs and smoked corners weren't really needed. I will get some pic's up when done.

Halo headlights $234
Fog Light $60
2-DDM Hid kits $70
Painted Bumper cover $635
Smoked Corner markers $38
Backup, corner marker and headlight corner LED's $46
Old 04-15-2014, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

It's a collision loss, as something collided with the car. 99% of insurance policies read the same. If another car hit his car (or shopping cart), it's collision. If it's a "missile" (flying rocks), it would be comprehensive.

As far as parts useage, it varies state to state. Most I have come across allow alternative parts useage (aftermarket, lkq). But most companies also have standards, which include the year/mileage of a vehicle.

Quick Reply: Well the V got backed into