Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

10 second slave bleed procedure CTS-V

Old 10-16-2014, 12:53 PM
TECH Regular

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Default 10 second slave bleed procedure CTS-V

This is just my thoughts and procedure on bleeding the slave when doing my LS7 clutch upgrade. When I look at the slave assembly I'm wondering why GM put the bleeder at the bottom of the slave, I always thought air goes to the top. So I get the bright idea to fill a syringe with brake fluid put a rubber hose on the end of the syringe and then put the hose on the open bleeder. The slave hose is disconnected from the master hose. Thare is a check valve in the slave hose that needs to be pushed down with a finger, wile holding the check valve down squirt the syringe of brake fluid in backwards through the open bleeder until it comes out the hose. Connect the two hoses and your done. I didn't even have to bleed anything. Again, this is just my way of doing it, I used 2 ounces of brake fluid and did it by my self.
Old 10-16-2014, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I tried this on mine as well and it does help but I ended up with a bubble in the master cylinder that required attention. You can actually use the quick disconnects from the old slave to make an adaptor that opens the check valve if you are handy.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10 second slave bleed procedure CTS-V