Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel adjustable shifter

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creative Steel adjustable shifter

Has anyone bought this by any chance? I was going to order a tranny mount and saw they have a shifter. Sounds right up my alley as I love to get adjustability with anything I purchase. https://creative-steel.com/product/0...throw-shifter/
Old 12-03-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Me like adjustability, it looks awesome. Anyone tried it yet? Almost looks like best features of all options
Old 12-03-2014, 10:01 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Max has it in his V I played with it last time I was there its really nice and tight
Old 12-03-2014, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow i didn't realize they had so many new products on there.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw that a couple days ago as well. Looks sweet, really curious if anyone has any comparison to the PUO shifter.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:25 AM
TECH Resident

New LCA's as well, need another V1 to tweak...
Old 12-04-2014, 08:24 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"The vibration isolation feature of the original shifter stalk has also been retained"

^^^^^^^
Old 12-04-2014, 08:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2004 CTS V- More mods than FuzzyLogic- SOLD
Too funny

I would love to see these installed as I am having a tough time visualizing the installation and benefits.

There has to be only a very small market (only for Vs with true coilovers/not using the spring pocket). I am not sure how many people that applies to... Anyway I am glad to see they brought another product for our cars to market.

If I ever have my V out west I am going by their place to check things out. Seeing as they are over 2500 miles away from me I think they are safe
Old 12-04-2014, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sssnake
There has to be only a very small market (only for Vs with true coilovers/not using the spring pocket). I am not sure how many people that applies to...
it would make the ksport and D2 setups a lot more attractive since you could run the rear in a fashion that makes these viable.
Old 12-04-2014, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bio248
it would make the ksport and D2 setups a lot more attractive since you could run the rear in a fashion that makes these viable.
Exactly. After I saw those LCA's, it's made me make up my mind and go true coilovers over ground control coilovers.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Waiting on a call back for a few questions, then order by phone hopefully. I'm excited. My plan to start this weekend is start on my LS7 clutch waiting in trunk, tranny brace and this shifter. While I"m doing it, I drop driveshaft and send to Matt @ voodoochikinwerks for carrier bearing. Alternator and battery might be bad as well. I'll also pull alt and send to mech man for a $250 rebuild with 20 extra amps. So much to do, but I'm glad travel for work is finally over.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Teching In

I have the Creative Steel short shifter installed in my 2005 CTS-V. I don't have anything to compare it to other than the mushy stock shifter w/the long throw that I thankfully got rid of. The CS short shifter is a heavy, well-constructed piece of hardware which is awesome just to hold in your hands. Installation was very straight-forward. As noted on the website, it has a lot of variable adjusting w/respect to height and throw. I've played around with the adjustments a bit and have it where I like it. I used my original shift **** on the new shifter. The biggest thing for me is the solid feel you have when shifting - it is really, really solid. Ist - clunk, 2nd - clunk, etc. In other words, you get it in gear and it's staying there (no worries about whether you actually got it in gear or not). Needless to say this mod is a night and day difference between the stock shifter and this complete replacement. Happy to answer any other questions you guys might have.
Old 12-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Teching In

And if I installed a philistine MC it would be as tight and precise as any German or Japanese gearbox. That's my only complaint about the gearbox right now (which has nothing to do with the CS short shifter) - it's still notchy which is a result of the factory MC not being able to fully disengage the clutch (I have an LS7 clutch)
Old 12-04-2014, 01:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Can you post a video of it in action?
Old 12-04-2014, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Derek5.7
I have the Creative Steel short shifter installed in my 2005 CTS-V. I don't have anything to compare it to other than the mushy stock shifter w/the long throw that I thankfully got rid of. The CS short shifter is a heavy, well-constructed piece of hardware which is awesome just to hold in your hands. Installation was very straight-forward. As noted on the website, it has a lot of variable adjusting w/respect to height and throw. I've played around with the adjustments a bit and have it where I like it. I used my original shift **** on the new shifter. The biggest thing for me is the solid feel you have when shifting - it is really, really solid. Ist - clunk, 2nd - clunk, etc. In other words, you get it in gear and it's staying there (no worries about whether you actually got it in gear or not). Needless to say this mod is a night and day difference between the stock shifter and this complete replacement. Happy to answer any other questions you guys might have.
Can you set the bottom half to the shortest throw possible but still have the **** taller than stock?
Old 12-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Teching In

I will try and post a video of the shifter in action but I will freely admit I'm not that techically savvy so please don't hold your breath. I think Max will have to answer the question about setting the shifter at it's tallest setting with the shortest throw - I can't remember what happens below the car which is what you always have to look out for - if you agressively adjust it all the way (I think for gaining the shortest throw) you will bang the bottom end of the shifter against the flex disk
Old 12-04-2014, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Derek5.7
I will try and post a video of the shifter in action but I will freely admit I'm not that techically savvy so please don't hold your breath. I think Max will have to answer the question about setting the shifter at it's tallest setting with the shortest throw - I can't remember what happens below the car which is what you always have to look out for - if you agressively adjust it all the way (I think for gaining the shortest throw) you will bang the bottom end of the shifter against the flex disk
Yeah that's ok. Every car is different right there anyway. My poorly worded question was actually to ask if you had to set the lower portion to longer throws (shorten the lower end) in order to get the taller **** height? Or are the two completely independent relative to the pivot.

Or another way to put it, does adjusting the bottom half affect the top half and vice-versa. It's not easy to tell from the pics.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:14 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by isis
Yeah that's ok. Every car is different right there anyway. My poorly worded question was actually to ask if you had to set the lower portion to longer throws (shorten the lower end) in order to get the taller **** height? Or are the two completely independent relative to the pivot.

Or another way to put it, does adjusting the bottom half affect the top half and vice-versa. It's not easy to tell from the pics.
They are completely separate from each other.

Four configurations, and everything in between:
bottom short - top short
bottom short - top long
bottom long - top short
bottom long - top long
(long/short meaning distance away from pivot ball)

Being that it uses a piece of threaded rod, you can fine tune the height with one rotation of either the ball, or the shifter handle(what the **** plugs onto). Each full rotation is 1/16" of an inch.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Exactly what I was asking and the right answer too. I hate doing things twice but might have to consider it.

Does the bottom part still adjust from inside the car? So you can pull it up if it hits on the initial setting obviously.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:25 PM
On The Tree

Cool thanks for the quick customer response Max I'm stoked! And thank you for the spoon feeding me about how the shifter is attached. I would've dropped exhaust, driveshaft then lower my tranny thinking the shifter was connected to tranny and broke the **** out of everyhting, SO THANK YOU MAX!

Derek, did you also install the linkage bushingsas well?

Quick Reply: Creative Steel adjustable shifter