Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

YAW sensor? Or no TPMS sensors causing problems?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YAW sensor? Or no TPMS sensors causing problems?

Would not running any TPMS sensors interfere with the YAW sensor/Stability Control? I noticed my G Meter reading numbers like I'm making a mild left turn while I'm driving straight (.25+-) Service Stability has been coming up randomly on long trips, disabling ABS and T/C (lights come on the dash). Seems to only show up on a long drive and maybe coincidence but it was raining each time it happened.

Prior to this problem showing up I swapped wheels/snow tires onto the V before doing a long work trip to New Hampshire last month. No TPMS sensors in the wheels. About 150 miles into the trip Service Stability popped up and the T/C ABS lights came on. Hit a rest stop and it went away on startup. It reappeared after some time on the highway. I arrived and noticed that my key fob was not working anymore to lock/unlock the car. I know that pulling the fuse to disable the TPMS monitoring also stops the keyfob from working so I thought it must be linked to this problem. I put my key in the ignition and turned it on and off, my key fob worked again.

I had no issues while driving around in New Hampshire. Driving home to PA the problem reappeared. Driving the car around normally while home the problem did not appear. Drove back to New Hampshire this month, this time in the snow, and Service Stability + the T/C ABS lights came on after about 100 miles. I tried shutting the car on and off while coasting on the highway a couple times and the error would come back quickly. I was in NH for almost 2 weeks with no problems. Drove back to PA in heavy rain, the error showed up after about 100 miles (a theme) but this time I noticed that G Meter was showing numbers in the .2x range while driving straight. It might have been doing this before and I did not catch it.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I can confirm that the key fob works on TPMS system.

Never seen an issue where the g meter reads weird when going straight. But I would guess yaw sensor.

I had issues with service stability system which ended up being bad connection for wheel speed sensor.. Just unplugged and replugged all of them.
Good luck.

Quick Reply: YAW sensor? Or no TPMS sensors causing problems?