Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Looking for an engine dyno near DFW

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Looking for an engine dyno near DFW

Hey all, been searching around and couldn't really find anyone who does engine dynos for ls engines. Been building my engine for sometime now and almost finished with it. I have rebuilt many engines but nothing of this caliber and want to make sure it is right and broken in when I throw it in my V. I live just south of Dallas so I am looking for someone near the DFW area. For those who are curious this is what I have now on my engine

LQ9 block bored and stroke to 414.6
Mahles 2cc pistons
Eagles 4" in crank and H-rods
COMP GM LS LS1 289/305 .624/.624 114° LSR RECTANGULAR PORT CAMSHAFT
PRC LS3 Aftermarket 6-Bolt 260cc CNC Cylinder Heads
Ls3 rocker with trunions
Fast LSXR 102mm Intake

my compression ratio is about 11.8:1, Been building this motor for a long time and since i got out of the Navy I have more time to actually be a gear head again so I am pretty excited. I am about to order the Creative Steel 8.8 after taxes come in and going to ship out the tranny to tickshift when I have everything pulled out. I dont know what to do about the exhaust yet, since I am in Texas I have state inspections. Let me know what you guys think. I am hoping to be finished by the end of this year as long as i dont get any surprise bills
Attached Thumbnails Looking for an engine dyno near DFW-20130413_102656.jpg   Looking for an engine dyno near DFW-20140609_164840.jpg  
Old 02-06-2015, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not an expert for sure, but I'd imagine engine dynoing a modern engine with all the computer stuff would be a pain. You'd need a hundred different wire harnesses and stuff.

I'd think it would be easier to put it in a car, hook it up and once it'll idle and move around, strap it to a chassis dyno.

Or am I overthinking it?
Old 02-06-2015, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thats what I have been getting from some local shops, but if I have a turn key ready engine it shouldnt be too bad I dont think

Quick Reply: Looking for an engine dyno near DFW