Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

cts-v noob clutch help

Old 02-24-2015, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cts-v noob clutch help

just picked up my V beginning of the year, 45k on her. Hate the clutch, hate the shifter. Was looking into the ls7 clutch swap, read some good info on here, about the slaves, etc. Have also already put a down payment on an mp112, so the clutch will be much needed. I found this on ebay, was wondering if it would be a direct bolt in. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FX-MF-RACE-CLUTCH-KIT-SLAVE-FLYWHEEL-CORVETTE-C6-6-0L-LS2-6-2L-LS3-Z06-7-0L-LS7-/400687835034?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d4adb279a&vxp=mtr
Old 02-24-2015, 11:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're going to add power with a Maggie, the LS7 will be at the upper end of its limits. A lot of guys use them with good success though so your results may vary. Combining the weight of our car, and the low end grunt if a Maggied LS block... It will be rough on the clutch depending on how you drive it. I got an LS9 clutch assembly. You'll need a katech flywheel for it, and the flywheel is stupid expensive IMHO. But it drives like stock and it can handle gobs of power. Stock ZR1s can throw down 800+whp through them. You can also look into a monster, McLeod, and a bunch of others.

Also get the upgraded clutch master cylinder. The stock one is garbage.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

stick with an ls7 clucth kit...best bang for buck imo...

im running somewhere north of 520rwhp and ls7 is so far still putting it down.

mind you I think the success rate is very high on Ls7 clutch kits vs some others...there is no "BEST", but ls7 for your setup is plenty in my opinion, if your going more more more power soon maybe look into something more...
Old 02-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Teching In

will the kit I posted work? is that an appropriate slave?
Old 02-24-2015, 02:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firstoff , check their website, you can usually get it cheaper as there are no eBay fees (usually a discount code too. Second use a real credit card (not a debit card, just in case)

That being said, I have used gripforce clutches/flywheels 3 times. 2 in Hondas, 1 on my 97 BMW m3.....and with good results. I always bought stage 2 clutches, never tried the kevlar discs) You should check the other forums like f-body and GTO for reviews on the clutches (same power train, similar weight vehicles). I might be Leary of the slave cylinder, on my M3 I did not use the supplied Throwout bearing as they had a not so great reputation.

As far as compatability I'm not sure. Get a clutch disc with a sprung hub since your ditching the dual mass flywheel.

Let me also say, that my other cars were shitty beaters with tons of miles.....I think on my V I'll pay more to do it right once, instead of twice.

Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: cts-v noob clutch help