Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anti-Wheel Hop on a budget

Old 03-21-2015, 06:41 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Wheel Hop on a budget

Hello all,

Just bought a 2004 V. Rear doesn't whine, and was garage kept by a very very old man. Looking to get wheel hop out of the way before I do anything else. I have the goal of reducing or eliminating wheel hop without sacrificing interior cabin noise and comfort. I've read a ton of threads but just want some opinions on what I have narrowed my options down to.

1) Do I need both G-Force Axles or will one suffice? (Keeping power levels stock)

2) Which kit is better for the cradle bushing as far as reducing wheel hop and comfort are concerned? The CS kit or Revshift? I hear Revshift products are on the harsher side as far as comfort/noise is concerned?

So far I calculate $239 (for one G Axle) and $149 (for CS cradle bushings).
Is there anything else I may be able to do on the cheap? Trying to stay under $500.
Old 03-21-2015, 07:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have both axles (DSS) and Revshift cradle, diff, and rear trailing arm bushings. No complaints about noises. I do get a little more diff noise on deceleration, but only because I'm listening for it. I rate the entire mod very low on the negative side effect scale. Wheel hop is noticeably reduced, enough that it's no longer a problem for me and spirited daily driving duties.

I have no real allegiance to Revshift and would probably choose CS these days due to their removal tools that they loan out.
Old 03-21-2015, 10:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Both make great products you can go wrong with ether. I went Revshift on the tranny insert , diff bushing and cradle bushing. All of the parts were great products.
Old 03-22-2015, 12:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I used Creative Steel. They make good stuff. I didn't need the removal tool, but I also completely removed my rear subframe when I did my bushings.
Old 03-22-2015, 07:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

While reducing WH with bushings is the most economical method and is highly advisable from a diff longevity standpoint, it's no guarantee that you won't eventually grenade the diff if you enjoy spinning the rear tires too often. The same is true with aftermarket axles.

An 8.8" or 9" aftermarket diff is the only real solution, and that will exceed your budget.

My advice? Do the bushings, by all means, and limit the clutch dumps.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anti-Wheel Hop on a budget