Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Stock toe rod?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 08:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock toe rod?

Does anyone have a stock toe rod? I'm having an issue with too much neg camber on my drivers rear tire. I slotted the hole and pushed the arm all the way in. When i went to adjust toe I saw that the turnbuckle was twisted and deformed. Does anyone have a stock rod? I know there are aftermarket ones available, so I figured stock pieces must be lying around. Thanks
Old 03-31-2015, 09:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

I'm pretty sure I still have my stockers. Shoot me a PM to remind me to look in the garage.

I take it you bought the car used? Sounds like that corner saw some abuse - smacked a curb or got hit, perhaps?
Old 03-31-2015, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you don't have any luck with the stockers, LMK and I've got some used BMR ones I can get rid of
Old 03-31-2015, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

I took it in to get aligned since it was wearing the inside of the tire and they said they heated up the toe rod and it was frozen. Looks like they twisted the hell out of it.
Old 03-31-2015, 01:58 PM
Staging Lane

I've had the car for about 50k miles. It's always worn the insides of the tires. They couldn't get less than 2.5 deg neg camber. Nothing looks crooked.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:40 PM
TECH Addict

Turns out I'm no help - I only have 1, and it has no bushings in it. I was experimenting with trying to use poly bushings (along with another member here and on CF), but in the end I went with some aftermarket toe links for a Camaro. I had to sacrifice the bushing sleeves to make the Camaro links work, hence no bushings in the stock toe link I've got.

Sorry!
Old 04-02-2015, 07:21 PM
TECH Regular

Pm me i think i have both stockers
Old 04-03-2015, 01:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AAIIIC
Turns out I'm no help - I only have 1, and it has no bushings in it. I was experimenting with trying to use poly bushings (along with another member here and on CF), but in the end I went with some aftermarket toe links for a Camaro. I had to sacrifice the bushing sleeves to make the Camaro links work, hence no bushings in the stock toe link I've got.

Sorry!
I would like to hear more about this though...
Old 04-03-2015, 09:01 AM
TECH Addict

I mailed the bushing-less toe rod off to Joe yesterday.
Old 04-06-2015, 07:40 AM
Staging Lane

I received the toe rod. Thanks.

The camaro option is intriguing.
Old 04-06-2015, 11:23 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by joejbal
The camaro option is intriguing.
When I was looking to upgrade, the only option for the CTS-Vs was the BMR toe rods. I think their design is kind of stupid, in that it puts the lock nuts in locations that make them very difficult to adjust once the toe rods are installed.

BMR (and other companies) make Camaro/G8 toe rods that put the adjustment in the center of the rod, where it is much more user-friendly. I ordered a set of the BMR ones and with a minor modification they fit on the V just fine. If you go to this thread and start at post #50 you can see what I did.

About the same time I was going through that, Creative Steel was designing and introducing their own toe rods that use a very similar design. So, there's really nothing to be gained anymore by going the route I did, since CS makes toe rods that will bolt right up.

The one downside to the BMR toe rods I used (and the CS ones) is that they're made with poly bushings. The BMR toe rods actually designed for the V use rod ends, which would be nice to have. I don't know if I would notice a difference, but it's nice to minimize bind in the suspension, something the rod ends do much better than poly bushings.

Quick Reply: Stock toe rod?