Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

2016 cts-v pricing announced

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 cts-v pricing announced

The pricing for the 2016 CTS-V starts from $ 83,995

Here's the press release link

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/n...lac-cts-v.html

Last edited by GTman; 04-29-2015 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is a shame... so expensive.
Old 04-29-2015, 04:45 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by vmapper
It is a shame... so expensive.

Safe to say over $ 100 K when fully optioned out and with applicable taxes.
Old 04-29-2015, 05:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

As much as I'd like one, it just ain't gonna happen.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ten years from bow aoubda about Right. Let the kinks surface. LS motors with miles don't scare me. Haha
Old 04-29-2015, 09:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There goes my hope of V2 prices dropping.
Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

If Cadillac has any hopes of continued competition with the Germans and stealing their sales they will have to raise their prices. I'm not surprised by this. I think the ats-v is more of the spiritual successor to the v1 anyways.
Old 04-30-2015, 08:57 AM
On The Tree

Base price is higher than I'd hoped, but compared to its primary competitor (M5) it's still about $10k cheaper.
Honestly, they priced the ATS-V only $1500 under the M3 so I was actually a little surprised they didn't make the base CTS-V closer to $90k
Old 04-30-2015, 08:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

That ATS-V though

After a tune and little mods I'm sure it would be 550 HP too
Old 04-30-2015, 10:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Onefast V
If Cadillac has any hopes of continued competition with the Germans and stealing their sales they will have to raise their prices. I'm not surprised by this. I think the ats-v is more of the spiritual successor to the v1 anyways.
THe problem with that is the german's offer alot more for close to the same money. No one is going to by a 100k Cadillac over an AMG for the same money. THe caddy is still no where near as refined. THat car should be no more than 90K fully optioned if it wants to take sales away from BMW, AMG, and Audi
Old 04-30-2015, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Goosecaddy05
THe problem with that is the german's offer alot more for close to the same money. No one is going to by a 100k Cadillac over an AMG for the same money. THe caddy is still no where near as refined. THat car should be no more than 90K fully optioned if it wants to take sales away from BMW, AMG, and Audi
I.......don't buy this for one second. Have been in several AMG's, Maseratti's, BMW's etc, and the V2 is easily on par with them all. My a** cannot tell the difference between hand stitched leather and GM leather. Have all the same creature comforts.....

I guess you need to define what you believe refinement is?
Old 04-30-2015, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
I.......don't buy this for one second. Have been in several AMG's, Maseratti's, BMW's etc, and the V2 is easily on par with them all. My a** cannot tell the difference between hand stitched leather and GM leather. Have all the same creature comforts.....

1st of the general aesthetics are better in the german cars, without touching anything the interior just looks more expensive and well thought. Then there is the feel of the leather on each car. The AMG cars have much better leather hand stitched or not. THen there is the comfort level. The seats on the amg are much more comfortable and suited for long distance travel. Then there is the exterior design. The V's are looking more and more like something p diddy would drive while the AMG's are looking more like something James Bond would drive. That is how i define refinement without going into too much more detail. Having the same options does not mean they perform their intended funtion better. Just means its a poor attempt at imitation.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The v styling is strictly American...brought to you by the company who gave us the Camaro, the trans am, the corvette and the chevette. P Diddy my ***...I drink beer not sip wine so the Cadillac suits me fine.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:04 PM
On The Tree

$84k?

I"ll take two.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1247
The v styling is strictly American...brought to you by the company who gave us the Camaro, the trans am, the corvette and the chevette. P Diddy my ***...I drink beer not sip wine so the Cadillac suits me fine.
Well most people who prefer beer to wine don't have 100k to spend on a car. Unless they are p diddy haha. But seriously, i think the new CTS-V is priced a little out of its league. Just how the Viper used to be
Old 04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5

Another thing that showed how unrefined the V2 was, when i sit in the back seat of one. my head is touching roof. Extremely uncomfortable. And the recaro seats in the V2 are garbage. I'm no giant either at only 6'2
Old 04-30-2015, 12:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I know a lot of beer drinkers who'd spend a 100k on a car and I'm not sure we can say this car is out if its price league until we see it up close and personally. We're also comparing it to the older offerings from Germany so there's no telling how much their next generation of mega cars will cost.
Old 04-30-2015, 12:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ls1247
I know a lot of beer drinkers who'd spend a 100k on a car and I'm not sure we can say this car is out if its price league until we see it up close and personally. We're also comparing it to the older offerings from Germany so there's no telling how much their next generation of mega cars will cost.
True. The CTS-V has gotten so fat that now its competing with the 5 series and E class Mercs. And the E63 AMG is a good bit more that 100k. The M5 is close though, but I'd definitely choose the CTS-V over an M5 based on my experience of owning BMWs over the last 13 years. I've had 3 all with problems. Its just sad that they remain the top seller of German sourced cars in the world. But just like beer sales, quantity does not mean quality right haha. I mean look at Budweiser. Putrid crap, but it sells.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:25 PM
TECH Addict

1st of the general aesthetics are better in the german cars, without touching anything the interior just looks more expensive and well thought. Then there is the feel of the leather on each car. The AMG cars have much better leather hand stitched or not. THen there is the comfort level. The seats on the amg are much more comfortable and suited for long distance travel. Then there is the exterior design. The V's are looking more and more like something p diddy would drive while the AMG's are looking more like something James Bond would drive. That is how i define refinement without going into too much more detail. Having the same options does not mean they perform their intended funtion better. Just means its a poor attempt at imitation.
1st that is highly subjective. I look inside either and think they are both well thought out and are nice. Would I say the expensive car looks better? If any....., not by much. Then you're saying the recaro seats from a V2 are what...junk? first time I heard anyone saying the V2 seat is uncomfortable

2nd your comparison I hope you realize is all learned. No **** they look like something Bond would drive! Because what American cars did he drive as a BRITISH agent? I can line up a Merc, Mas, Jag, and BMW all of similar size and class and they all look the same. I think I get it now, your cars need to be round and not straight to be "refined?"

Poor attempt? Lets now forget who came up with a lot of these creature comforts Key fobs, air bags, heated and cooler seats, heads up display....all American by design.

Let's not also forget every car you're arguing for is going up in value as well. Not like the V breaking 90k is a big deal when its over seas counters are doing the same.

I digress, why is it that almost every car review ever comparing the cars favors the V's for comparability along with the better price?

The V wins this every time in my head. Apples to Apples. Not to mention its made here oh, and costs less.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

... The AMG cars have much better leather hand stitched or not. ...
"Better leather?" You'll have to quantify that 'cause I have trouble buying that one.

What? ... they have better cows?

Quick Reply: 2016 cts-v pricing announced