Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New member, new to me V!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 12:05 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member, new to me V!

Morning, everybody! I'm brand new to the board and new to the big dog status of the LS, so thanks for the add. I'm overhauling the front end of the new-to-me CTSV (05) and ran across some other needs. The crank pulley bolt was finger tight so since I was so close, I yarded the radiator out to gain additional room to work the new balancer. The breather tube on the OEM radiator snapped off and, since plastic seemed like a good idea to the Cadi engineers, it's not fixable. I know there are some great offerings from aftermarket but, I'm not there yet. This car has a list of upgrades coming and I'm trying to stick to it.

Does anybody who's taken advantage of the AM radiator have their stocker laying around and willing to ship it to the NW for a fair price?

Also, I think I'm close to getting in on the GP from Colorado Speed for a 10 under balancer but depending on lead time, I may need to jump sooner. Anybody have a hook up on the 10 under balancers? I'm leaning Powerbond but ATI is better. ATI>Powerbond but happy wife>"WTF are you doing" wife so money is an issue.

Sorry for the book but, some of you could probably benefit from reading time! Thx again for the add... Braaaap!
Old 04-30-2015, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Welcome!

The radiator......No better time to upgrade IMO. But that is me, better to spend the $ on the replacement on the better piece. Just me. The alradco is 459$ and you will probably spend 200$ on the stocker so....

The balancer keep your eyes peeled on Ebay. There is a thread near the top now about them.

Lastly, since you are new, please please please if you have a question there is a search function on the board that is magical. Just type in what you want to know and select the cts-v section.

You will have fun modding the V. Just wont have much $ left over
Old 04-30-2015, 12:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
Lastly, since you are new, please please please if you have a question there is a search function on the board that is magical. Just type in what you want to know and select the cts-v section.

Wait for it...Wait for it...Wait for it...

BOOM!!! Folks we have a winner!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2015, 01:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
Wait for it...Wait for it...Wait for it...

BOOM!!! Folks we have a winner!!!!!!!
Figure I get to them when they are young now. Greet them at the door and teach them, this way, they have nothing to excuse. Unlike some......
Old 04-30-2015, 09:41 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought a spectre radiator from Rock Auto for $139...now they only have it listed for the base CTS,...fits fine temps are good.

Quick Reply: New member, new to me V!