Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I need a really big favor...

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 03:24 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Exclamation I need a really big favor...

I sent off my OEM harness to california to a company called Rywire. After agreeing to a price of $3,000, and three months of following up and patiently waiting i was just told the job is too big and the guy is in over his head.

His shipped my harness to the wrong address, i specified in detail how and where the harness was to be shipped in a letter with the harness, and now i may not see it again. He couldn't ask me where i wanted it shipped. Shows you the level of respect i was given.

THE FAVOR...

I have a 2006 OEM harness, and i know it doesn't communicate with my car. The reason is the two main connectors on the passenger side are wired differently. Would someone with a 2005 CTS-v Plz take a picture of the two connectors near to the battery. If you follow them it will start from the fuse box and run towards the firewall near the fender.

I would need a nice clear picture showing the wire colors and their proper location into the plug.

I thank you for your time and appreciate the help if given...
Attached Thumbnails I need a really big favor...-img_6270.jpg  
Old 05-14-2015, 09:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I'm hoping my car is back today from alignment, and I'll be able to snap you some pics and post them up this evening.
Old 05-14-2015, 09:42 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, had I read this before I left for work I could have snapped a few. If no one else has any up when I get home I will take a few.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Naf help

Are these the ones you need?
Attached Thumbnails I need a really big favor...-image.jpg  
Old 05-14-2015, 12:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Naf

Here are more.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:57 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Thanx. That is exactly what i requested.

Found they are exactly the same.

After a few hrs on the phone with a buddy of mine it seems the connecter near the headers on the drivers side is the issue. I also got online on RepairProcedures anf found the info to be true. Some of the pins are the same others are different. Plus i am missin another ground.

Saturday i am gonna have a sit down with a friend who says he can get it all workin, and as an added bonus proefi has a plug and play for the 06+ v for its an e67 ecu...
Old 05-15-2015, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What were you doing with your stock harness? And for 3000!?!? Thats nuts for and kind of harness. Hope you get it all figured out
Old 05-15-2015, 12:59 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Inwas creating a milspec harness with silver core wires and more heat resistance.

Corrosion proof
Heat resistant
Smaller wire loom
Neater engine compartment

But now hopefully inwill upgrade from pcm to e67 then to proefi128
Old 05-16-2015, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you talking just the engine bay harness or the entire car.. Body, engine etc? For the money why not just get a painless standalone harness.. Use thier new amazing looking fiber looms and get an aem or fast standalone ecu? More fine tuning than you can ever do with any gm ecu. Gm wire is junk, i totally agree there but ive worked with about 10 painless harnesses and the wire is top notch and much cheaper than 3k.
Just food for thought.
You can also go big stuff3
Old 05-16-2015, 05:26 PM
TECH Regular

$3000!!!!
Let me change my pants that I just **** into.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Apparently 3k wasn't enough...
Old 05-17-2015, 12:48 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
Are you talking just the engine bay harness or the entire car.. Body, engine etc? For the money why not just get a painless standalone harness.. Use thier new amazing looking fiber looms and get an aem or fast standalone ecu? More fine tuning than you can ever do with any gm ecu. Gm wire is junk, i totally agree there but ive worked with about 10 painless harnesses and the wire is top notch and much cheaper than 3k.
Just food for thought.
You can also go big stuff3
$900 for a stand alone harness, i rather buy stock and keep the abs

I am tryin to make it better, so in my past i thought about upgradin to the E67, i feel its still possible, just needs a little thought with trial and error. six pinouts from the body to the engine harness are different in location and four of those are different from each other. The communication is all class 2 so no canbus. the accelerator has two sensors on the e67 that are not on the pcm, and the pcm has an extra cruise control line not on the e67.

So be it i will sacrifice my cruise control...

Next would be to upgrade the firmware on the e67 to run better. the first models were limited to their abilities, where they mimiced the pcm in some aspect, but still were superior...
Old 05-17-2015, 06:58 AM
TECH Regular

It would be awesome to have a custom harness with cleaner routing though...the wire bundle on the back of the block when fooling with the bell housing....omg, made me want to kill somebody.
Would also be awesome it all the transmission connectors had their own little umbilical to leave all the sensors attached well pulling the trans. Then two more umbilicals, wiring on the motor (TB,02s,MAF,EFI,Ignition,sensors) and then one with all the body mounted stuff like fuel pump, rad fans, emissions/fuel tank, abs etc.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Naf, did you look into just pulling the harness and going with an aftermarket LS conversion harness? Got a guy that runs in the SCCA did his that way. He is full race like mine. I would have gone that route if my guys didn't know the GM schematics as well as they do...

Quick Reply: I need a really big favor...