Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Another p0430 code

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 04:18 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another p0430 code

So we have an 07 v. The car is completely 100% stock. We recently got this code so we ended up switching the o2 sensors to see if the code would change from right to left or vice versa but it stayed the same.

Guess now I'm assuming that its the cat? We were recommended to go with HI-Flo cats but before we did that to switch the spark plugs since more than likely they have never been replaced. Well since we haven't replaced them I guess we are going to go ahead and replace them with NGK Tr55 and possibly msd wires.

Question is, should I just find an oem replacement for the cat or should I go with HI-FLO cats? If I go with HI-flo don't I need a tune in order to remove the check engine light? Will I need a tune in order to get the most out of those cats?.. If I don't want a tune can I just use the code eliminator wires?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:54 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

The eliminator wire are useless.

If you have a cat issue youtube ways to clean it before you go and replace them.

If you wanna replace them just get headers and cats then tune for it...
Old 05-25-2015, 08:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

You will throw a code with the high flow cats and no tune. I'm not even sure you can get them anymore unless you have them made by someone.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those electrical connectors get pretty hot and take a beating with wet roads, etc. If it didn't change with the sensors, then you might assume you have a broken wire or a bad terminal in the metri-pack connector, (the 4-pin connector that connects the sensor to the harness). If you are electrically inclined, you might go to the Cadillac forum and ask Darkman to send you a schematic of the o2 system so you can trouble shoot. THere is a heater and a sensor circuit and you would need to chase it back to the PCM so see where there is an open. I don't know if there is a fuse for the heater, but if so, that might be an idea as well. I've burned a fwe of the metri-pack connectors and you can buy replacement pigtails at a lot of places like OReillys. My bet would be your problem is close to that connector, but on the harness side, since swapping sensor made no diff.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

O2 heaters are fused.

Quick Reply: Another p0430 code