Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Speed Bleeder, how to install?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speed Bleeder, how to install?

Iīve bought a Tick Speed Bleeder Line TPSBL5G and now i didnīt know how to install them?

Where i have to connect the line and did i still leave it installed or only to use when bleeding?

Here are some pics with numbers:

Who can tell me step by step what to do now (best with pics)?!

And how does bleeding works?

I also bought Luk LS7 clutch kit and the pmc and wanna install now everything together!

Best regards,
Ronald
Old 07-09-2015, 01:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Something tells me you should not be tackling this job yourself.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Remove part #1. Replace with #4.

If that's a C6 slave then you'll need to notch the bellhousing about 1".
Old 07-09-2015, 01:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Remove part #1. Replace with #4.

If that's a C6 slave then you'll need to notch the bellhousing about 1".
Didn't notch mine.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I never notched mine either but you have to bend the hard line slightly. Not a big deal, just don't get in a hurry.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Choppy_Idle
... Who can tell me step by step what to do now (best with pics)?! ...
Step 1: I put the components in my car,

Step 2: I drove to my mechanic,

Step 3: I wrote out a check.

(Sorry ... no pics.)
The following users liked this post:
Satterly2164 (06-19-2021)
Old 07-10-2015, 02:55 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Speed Bleeder, how to install?

Originally Posted by rand49er
Step 1: I put the components in my car,

Step 2: I drove to my mechanic,

Step 3: I wrote out a check.

(Sorry ... no pics.)
You forgot haggled with the mechanic about the price...
Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey, the guy numbered his ports to make it easy to answer the question... kudos for that.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

BTW, this is the first result when searching for "cts-v clutch replacement" on Google.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...placement.html
Old 07-10-2015, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, the lip on the slave cyl is bent...
Old 07-12-2015, 06:16 AM
Teching In

The first sticky in this forum section is a really good guide to doing exactly what you are about to do. The only detail I didn't notice is disconnecting the quick disconnect coupling on the slave hose going to the master. It is above the frame and easier to get to from the wheel well with the fender liner off (as i recall). It has to be disconnected early in the removal process before you want to move the trans or even lower it for that matter. There is a spring clip in the fitting you have to pull out with a small pic or screw driver and there is not enough room for an adult's hand to do that part. (your #3 in the pics above)

Also, when you put it back together, save yourself some time bleeding and use a mity-vac to bleed the system. otherwise the pedal will stick to the floor every time you pump the clutch. If you use a mity vac, put teflon tape on the bleed screw threads so it does not suck air. You don't need the teflon on the seat. Bleeding is a big PITA to get it done, ya gotta get every little air bubble out. Mity vacs make a mess and I generally hate them, but for clutches it will save you some time, beer and your sig other won't have to hear you cuss like a sailor.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:16 PM
TECH Resident

Ronald,
Did you happen to look into any of the installation procedures to all this stuff BEFORE you bought the parts? You might gather from the responses here so far that you should probably do some of your OWN research before you just ask for other members here to take time out of their day to spoon feed information to you that's already readily available. If you're not willing to do a least a bit of your own research, then pile all those parts into the car and drive it to a shop to let them do it. Unfortunately they'll probably charge you their shop rate for the time it takes them to do the necessary research they need to do in order to properly install the parts you've gathered for them.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:58 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Remove #1, replace with #4. Use some red loctite on #4 threads. Carefully bend #2 so it goes out the bell housing opening. No notching required.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks to all the guys with answers that really helps me solving my problems, especially Bud and Brian!

To all the others:

I know, i didn't have to explain myself here in a forum, but i did, bec not to become in my next thread to the same place or line where peoples suggested me "go to a shop" bec of asking stupid questions make them believe, i were also to stupid to install the parts or stuff like this!

I'm German, not English, not American and no Army Soldier on Base here in Germany, my last english lesson is 25 years ago, when i was in school, so i didn't understand eyery typed word here or the coherent of it, a technical english is more different as learned in school: "Go to the baker at the corner and order a bread!"

It takes a long time to put every unknown word in the translator and then there is no guaranty for me to understand the whole coherent of composition!

My time here is limited and i have the same issues like every other and wanna get rid of them in one wash up next 4 weeks, so i ask for pics, they explain me more then 100 typed words and i sometimes didn't know the right keywords for "try a search" so i'm asking here questions, which would maybe answered a couple of times, still in the hope to see pictures of it, specially in this case here, never seen a speed bleeder line before installed on a slave at pics!

So, hope this helps now and in the future understanding some of you guys, why i'm asking stupid questions, i'm always hopeing to see pics for better understanding, the V1 was never delievered to Germany, here were only 15 registrated and there is no one, which i can ask about, my only help is internet forums!

Hope i found the right words to explain me and my situation here in Germany and no one is flouted by them?!

Best regards,
Ronald

Last edited by Choppy_Idle; 07-15-2015 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-16-2015, 08:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-...twin-disc.html

Like stated already, remove the OEM fitting #1 out of the slave and install #4 in it's place. I think I thread taped mine, but I may have used loctite. Can't remember.

I notched out my bellhousing to make it fit. You may or may not have to. You'll just have to see when you get down there.

I would recommend getting a remote bleeder to everyone on here.
Unless you have two or three elbows on the same arm.

Quick Reply: Speed Bleeder, how to install?