Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Won't be ordering from Revshift anymore...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2015, 04:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Won't be ordering from Revshift anymore...

I placed an order for bushing on 9/16. Didn't hear anything from them until I called 9/20, and was told "yes it should be there on 9/25"..

Well, called today and was told " yea I'll call the post office and find out what's going on"

Few hours later, I finally get an email saying it was shipped TODAY!.

So basically, they lied and never shipped it until today, so I've been waiting for almost 10 days with my car on jacks since my bushings failed.

Sorry just had to vent, I hate liars.

Moral of the story... buy Creative Steel.
Old 09-25-2015, 05:17 PM
TECH Regular

Received 218 Likes on 136 Posts

Hate to hear that never had any shipping issues when I ordered from them before .
Old 09-25-2015, 05:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I never had a problem either until now. I just wish they would have said that they didn't ship it last week so I could have just Cancelled the order and ordered it somewhere else. I would have had them already. Frustrating.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a recurring problem.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My experience between two have been good. I will say I lean towards cs a little more. I have a mix of parts from each and they are great. Lead time is a little longer with rs.
Old 09-25-2015, 11:15 PM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It's not the lead times that are the issues. It's the lying piece of crap that makes them.
Old 09-26-2015, 02:57 AM
Staging Lane

Sorry to hear man. Yeah I definitely will not be ordering from them.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:13 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh no you had a few more days...let me play the worlds saddest song on the worlds smallest violin...it takes 7-21days before i get anything shipped. So add backorder delays if they exist.

A little bit of waitin shouldnt result in bad mouthin a supplier who in deed did tell you a white lie, its not easy in supplyin production when you do it as a hobby.

I dont get anyrhing from revshift, but i owe them since they took the chance with me in startin to do business with the driveshaft components for us. After that it was great products for engine mounts easy to use transmission mounts and other critical components.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Few more days?... try 12 more by the time it gets here. I'm sorry I only have 2 cars, my wife's car and the V (my DD)...not all of us can afford multiple cars or have the V set up as a race car and let it sit in a warehouse collecting dust.

The wife has been dropping me off at work and that involves a 3 year old and a 3 month old (anyone with children can understand it's not a get out of bed and get ready in 20 mins situation).

Anyway, I just don't believe companies should be lying to their customers, if they didnt ship it out then say so. Don't come up with BS stories and blaming it on the post office.

Oh and I'm not bad mouthing them, I clearly just stated what happened to me and my personal opinion. It's not their products I'm mad about (got cradle and diff bushings on my car now).. it's the lying that ruined everything for me.
Old 09-26-2015, 10:54 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

So 12 more days, still not a great deal.

I have had supposed plug and play kits that took longer than expected. Imagine takin up a friends jack for three days due to a foul up from a supplier. Who always have an excuse for it not workin, like thats not the intended design. Or oh you're an international buyer, the gm car might be different than those here in the us... Sure,

They shouldnt have lied yes but there may have been a delay in production and couldnt come to ask you to wait.

Patience is golden plus you got to spend more time with the family...

I have a two yr old and a two month old... I know your pain
Old 09-26-2015, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Excuses.......

We have delays all the time... Unexpected delays...
Yet we are honest with the customer. We give them our best expected time frame and if that doesn't happen we apologize and give them another expected date. We never lie to the customer no matter what. That's my $0.02....
Old 09-26-2015, 01:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 202 Likes on 122 Posts

Exactly don't lie just be truthful
Old 09-26-2015, 02:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

So my 2 cents. They are a small, obviously disorganized, organization. They do make good products, and yes, they seemingly always have shipping issues. But I'm going with the benefit of the doubt here that they probably didn't (I hope) intentionally lie to you. I'm sure it was a quick statement where there may have been communication break down on their part thinking who they were talking to, or which order they were talking about. Remember, they are just what, 3 guys in a garage basically?

So while you had to wait a little longer that sucks I'm sure, but there seem to be a lot of assumptions here. And I just wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt again. And again, they do have good products.

Now, with all that said, you just cannot beat CS and their customer service. Extending on that point, I now have every single CS product currently available from CS on, or about to go on my V.

Edit: except the shifter as I had that before they made theirs. Also no front plate bracket, as who wants that? Fork that front plate!
Old 09-26-2015, 03:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Any business that lacks good customer service risks their future. If I owned any business that had a problem like the one described above, I'd be livid. Someone either isn't trained very well or their system is faulty.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Naf, hasn't your car been sitting for years anyways? I can clearly understand why 12 days means nothing to YOU. This guy was given a reasonable expectation that the parts for his DAILY would be recieved in a timely manner based on someones word. I'd be pissed too if that didn't happen and then the blame was shifted to someone else. I can't stand being lied to, BS'ed whether white lie or not.

To the OP, honestly your biggest fault is not ordering from CS in the first place. They have a track record of giving it to people strait. They're stand up and I'd never buy a product that they offer from a different company simply because I know how they operate and it's great to deal with honest people
Old 09-26-2015, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Naf
Oh no you had a few more days...let me play the worlds saddest song on the worlds smallest violin...it takes 7-21days before i get anything shipped. So add backorder delays if they exist.

A little bit of waitin shouldnt result in bad mouthin a supplier who in deed did tell you a white lie, its not easy in supplyin production when you do it as a hobby.

I dont get anyrhing from revshift, but i owe them since they took the chance with me in startin to do business with the driveshaft components for us. After that it was great products for engine mounts easy to use transmission mounts and other critical components.
So because you live half way across the world and it takes a long time for stuff to get to you, everyone else should shut up and suffer? Misery loves company.

Regardless if it is done as a hobby or not, if they say something is going to ship at a certain time, that should be that. They clearly botched the shipping and customer service portion of this order, and to not make a complaint and let the community know would be a disservice to us.

And I would HARDLY consider the OP's post "bad mouthin" them. I have yet to hear anything positive about this company, so I'd say OP was right on point.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

they make a good product but are consistently off on the delivery times.
**** happens in a small shop and unforeseen delays are a part of the deal, im cool with that.

what im not ok with is phone calls being dodged, emails unreturned and the few times i do hear back its just a line of BS, then more BS to cover up the last time we talked and then like magic the parts show up at some unknow date down the road...

they have a bad track record of the same **** over and over and over.

just my .02

-alex
Old 09-27-2015, 07:47 PM
TECH Regular

Car parts are something everyone wants teleported as fast as paypal can accept the money - that's just the truth. We see something, we get excited about it, and want it immediately - we look forward to it.

Some things are worth waiting for and that's understood. IMO, should be shipped out immediately for this kind of stuff. A chunk of the money built into the stuff I sell orbits fast shipping and clear communications - it's what I expect and I try to reciprocate.

Communication like this spilling into a forum means the customer probably had no other avenue and exhausted all options and is frustrated - rightly so. I believe there are many happy customers with the products Revshift provides - some not, it happens.

I'll share my short story of being the customer and not receiving the service I expected. The vendor (not V related vendor or sponsor here) acted like he was doing a favor for taking my money and pretty much put me to the end of the waiting list with no date - it didn't go down well and clash of the titans. I forced the equation being the squeaky wheel and insistent but it did tarnish the relationship. So basically, it was a great/perfect product that was delivered but it was a fight to get it and no paying customer should feel like it's a privilege.
Old 09-29-2015, 04:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yes revshift builds a good product, i dont think thats the issue with them at all.

it more about how they treat there customers.

they need a guy to answer phones and emails that only. and has a clue of what realistc delivery dates will be. if things change call/email the customer before they have to call revshift... its not that hard
Old 09-29-2015, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

They make quality products, this isn't the norm with my experience with them. Orders slip through the cracks (Texas Speed anyone?), it is inexcusable and frustrating, but it does happen with every company to some degree. Hopefully they can address this internally and make the corrections necessary.

Quick Reply: Won't be ordering from Revshift anymore...