Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

(long) Voodoochikin04 support and service testimony! Thank You!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2016, 01:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default (long) Voodoochikin04 support and service testimony! Thank You!!

Hi guys, it's been a while since I visited. My 07 V (180K) is still trucking but getting tired. I started developing a vibration several months ago and it progressively was getting worse. It was difficult with all the travel to see where the drive train vibe source was coming from. A week or so ago she said "enough is enough, I'm taking a break". The vibe got so bad I started losing power and had to nudge it home. Matt had told me FOUR WEEKS ago how to troubleshoot and even followed up wanting to know. I finally had time this weekend. The culprit was the DS CV joint. It had no grease what so ever and was beat up pretty bad. No problem, I'll just break her down and re-pack right?? I pulled off outer casing and bearings were dropping everywhere. uh oh. Well that's when the surreal hit me and I knew I was in over my head. Then it got six times worse trying to figure out how said parts go back together. Not for the feint of heart. I couldn't find much info on the CV and the best looking thing on my DS is the voodoochikin balancer. It still looks new. Long story short, Matt spoon fed me and held my hand all weekend giving me directions on how to try just put that puzzle back together. If you're an octopus (or Matt), you can do it in the dark. I feel like an *** bugging him all weekend but he was the only person I could think of that might know about these "things from the dark side". When I finally thought I had it together. I took a photo and sent to him as he thought I may have messed up. He was right, I did. He fired back several photos that said "this, not that". That's how confusing it can be. So I finally got it back together, greased her up and test drove. 90% gone. The 10% I feel is probably the beating the poor CV took. The bad part is what to do with that beautiful orange balancer as the DS days are numbered. I can't thank you enough Matt and apologize for pestering you this weekend. Now I know when you say "it's probably better I do it" I'll never second guess. Now to buy new house, put the V on stands and start the tear down. I think DS is next purchase. Thanks for saving my butt this weekend and giving my V another chance to fight!
Old 11-28-2016, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Thank you for the kind words my friend! You may find that 10% vibe smoothing out as the new grease works its way through.
Old 12-02-2016, 11:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear....I have a harsh vibration when accelerating hard in 1rst and second gears. Not sure where to check...

Quick Reply: (long) Voodoochikin04 support and service testimony! Thank You!!