Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

control arm bushings

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 02:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've used poly bushings with their design before with squeaky results. I like the idea of the grease channel drilled into the topside of the bushing knuckle, but I really just want a truly maintenance free part. I don't have intentions of tracking this car and the firmness of the poly was nice, but definitely not a priority.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
I've used poly bushings with their design before with squeaky results. I like the idea of the grease channel drilled into the topside of the bushing knuckle, but I really just want a truly maintenance free part. I don't have intentions of tracking this car and the firmness of the poly was nice, but definitely not a priority.
They went through several iterations to improve fitment. I believe some people availed themselves of Revshift's warranty policy (which is generous) and got the improved 95A control arm bushings.

As you can imagine, testing is required to ensure proper fitment and even then, it can take dozens of cars with GM's tolerances to ensure that you've eliminated all issues.

I might still have my old 95A polyurethane bushings.. if I can find them, I'd probably be willing to send them to you if you pay shipping.
Old 06-26-2017, 04:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks for the generous offer, but I'll have to pass. I've already ordered the replacement arms and honestly don't want to have to mess with this more than I already have. There are too many other issues on a high mileage car like mine to get hung up on simple suspension stuff. There are tens of other things on my list that need attention.
Old 09-23-2017, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just to follow up on this, I finally installed the revised bushings with inserts from Creative Steel about a month ago (the ones with better grease paths). I used Redline CV-2 and pretty much immediately sold the car to a friend and colleague after I put them in and had it re-aligned.

I see the new owner every day, and so far the bushings have not popped at all. Only a month down so far, but promising. The old design started popping right around a month, as best I can recall.

I'll post up again in a couple months after he's re-greased them to let you guys know if all is still well.

Quick Reply: control arm bushings