Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Problem programming base radio

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Problem programming base radio

Hey guys. I went and picked up a base radio so I can install an aftermarket double din. I took it by the dealership to unlock the radio and get it flashed to V programming. The tech is a V2 guy but he is not familiar with the process.

He got the VIN programed to unlock the radio. The radio works; however, I no longer have access to the XM radio (first indicator something was amiss) and Competition Mode does not show on the DIC when going through the stability modes.

I saw him click on DRR and a couple of other options to activate but it would not let him click SAVE. The connection drooped out a few times after trying this as well.

Is there something we are missing? I'd like to get this straightened out so I can install my double din.

Thanks, guys!
Old 01-18-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I hate to say it, but Cadillacforums may be the better resource if you haven't already posted there. Several Cadillac techs on that site.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:50 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks, Bud! I'm hoping that summertime who has done this ran into a similar issue. I'll try over there as well in the meantime.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Is this necessary even if you aren't going to use the radio? I thought the DIC was drop in.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:37 PM
Staging Lane

No, I don't intend to use the radio. The DIC powers up and displays some information but not all of it.

Quick Reply: Problem programming base radio