Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help please. Airbag light

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help please. Airbag light

Anyone know why my airbag light is on or what i can do? Havent took it in for the recall yet for the passenger seat thingy, but im curious if thats why? Ive unhooked the battery to try to reset it and i unplugd and replugd and wiggled all the seat connectors also, still have the light on the dash and it still shows on my nav screen everytime i start the car, is there any other things to try? Im sure cause the recall isnt done yet then thats my problem, but I figured I'd ask On here, just don't have the time to let them have my car for the day or however long it takes them to fix it. And does it also mean none of my airbags are going to deploy in a wreck since that light is on? Or just the passenger side is not gonna work?
Old 04-21-2017, 07:05 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Hook up a tech 2 and see if it is the passenger presence sensor. If it is, get it swapped out.

Given my situation i have to buy the part and swap it out. Aftermarket seats with oem hardware installed.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Lots of things could cause that light, the presence sensor recall is just one. Slightly higher % it's that but still many possibilities. Get it diagnosed at a dealer or other TRUSTED and COMPETENT shop and decide from there. If it's the recall, you walk out fixed for free, if not, you're only committed to an hour or so of diag time. Good luck!

Now that I think about it, go to the dealer with your VIN and see what open recalls apply to your car. Then you can just take your car in to get those items taken care of. If the air bag one applies to your car and that fixes it, awesome. If it applies and they do it but that doesn't fix the issue, sometimes the dealer will throw in the diag for free. Either way, I would want to know...especially if wife and kids ride in the car.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Got all the recalls done, so no more air bag light, Took it in yesterday and got it back today. Got 4 recalls done, The airbag sensor, The front brake lines, The key mod thing they do, and the fuel pump module and harness.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They do the front brake line recall in FL? I thought that was for northern states. I wouldn't mind a new set of brake lines... or my airbag light/sensor fixed.

Did you get a loaner for this work?
Old 04-28-2017, 10:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get the notice for the lines. I'm in florida. I already did them before with ss lines.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry forgot to mention that i got the brake line recall because i bought the car off my brother in georgia. And it was registerd in maryland before him, now i have it in fl
Old 04-28-2017, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

And no they didnt give me a loaner either, dropped it off at 8am wed morning and didnt get it back untill 430pm thursday. Now I have a vibration after they did those recalls so I'm wondering if they took out my driveshaft to do my fuel pump and didn't mark it to line it up when they put it back on?
Old 04-28-2017, 08:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just don't want to take it back to the dealer again since they got my tan interior a little dirty and they also washed my car when I told them not to, and it looks like they didnt even wash it, just wet it and dried it with a dirty shammy it looked horrible
Old 04-28-2017, 09:36 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike ctsV
And no they didnt give me a loaner either, dropped it off at 8am wed morning and didnt get it back untill 430pm thursday. Now I have a vibration after they did those recalls so I'm wondering if they took out my driveshaft to do my fuel pump and didn't mark it to line it up when they put it back on?
Yes you have to remove the ds to lower the fuel tanks so you may fix the fuel pump.

Unless you cut access holes from the top.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Naf
Yes you have to remove the ds to lower the fuel tanks so you may fix the fuel pump.

Unless you cut access holes from the top.
Arent u suppose to make a mark to line it up when u take it off and put it back on? If so do u mark the front side by the tranny and the rear end? Or just the rear? maybe I'll have to try to reposition it
Old 04-29-2017, 12:11 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

May i ask why with all the markin?

I have removed my ds and just randomly installed it. It has a cv joint so as long as everythin is lined up properly and centered you aught to be fine.

Check motor mounts and tranny mount.

When my tranny mount fried it shook the car and ruined the carrier.

That may be all thats wrong, bad carrier
Old 04-29-2017, 03:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Naf
May i ask why with all the markin?

I have removed my ds and just randomly installed it. It has a cv joint so as long as everythin is lined up properly and centered you aught to be fine.

Check motor mounts and tranny mount.

When my tranny mount fried it shook the car and ruined the carrier.

That may be all thats wrong, bad carrier
Just asking what needs to be marked so I know what to look for to make sure they lined everything up. Never had a vibration until they did the fuel pump recall. And I did my motor mounts and tranny mount with the creative steel package less than 10,000 miles ago.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:20 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

What vehicle speed /rpm is the vibration?

Is it consistent? Same spot over and over

Can you describe the vibration? Ie car shakes, or just steerin wheel?
Old 04-30-2017, 08:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

Just seems to vibrate a little at all speeds, i kind of feel it in the steering wheel also, then when i let off the gas or push the clutch in or just coast in nuetral it seems to go away, its not a bad vibe, but it wasnt there before
Old 04-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

K
I
S
S

Do a tire balance first, with wheel alignment.

A ds vibe would shake your butt more than the steerin wheel. And it would be speed sensitive not engine rpm.

If your steerin wheel is the only thing shakin its a front tire issue.
Old 04-30-2017, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ok thanks

Quick Reply: Help please. Airbag light