Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Clutch Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Master Cylinder

So just finished up a LS7 clutch swap, went to bleed the clutch and busted the plastic connector on the master cylinder pushrod. It's a stock GM master and I would like to avoid the time and expense of replacing the master. The question is, can I remove the pushrod from the stock installed master and put a new one in without having to replace the entire master cylinder? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

-Aaron
Old 05-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Aaron,

Maybe you could completely remove the plastic connector and attach a new one. I don't think the rod comes out.

I did a ls7 clutch swap recent and really love it, but after 6 months I am having issues with shifting into reverse. I believe my master has gone bad. It is a pain in the *** to remove and is a bigger pain in the *** to install. As of last night, I finally got the thing removed, but I gave up on installing the new one.
Old 05-05-2017, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Only way to get the rod out is to pull a snap ring out of the master and remove the plate that hold the shaft in. I broke mine too and ended up removing the whole unit to replace it. Best you might be able to do is find someone with a bad master that still has a good rod you could salvage. Or if you handy, maybe you could thread the rod and get a metal rod end put on it? Just brain storming now lol
Old 05-05-2017, 05:44 PM
Teching In

It would be damn near impossible to get to that snap ring with the master still installed unless the two holes on the ring were on the bottom. On my stock master, they are not.
Old 05-12-2017, 11:06 PM
TECH Regular

I have a sticker laying in the garage if you cover shipping. Does have a 1/4 steel rod added from my ls7 set up. Went with Philistine set up in the car. Worked perfectly

Quick Reply: Clutch Master Cylinder