Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Group Buy Feeler: Flat Steering Wheel and Fast Ratio Steering Rack

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 02:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
People use it to sell products on vehicle specific pages, it's no different than this forum really.
The issue is that Facebook requires you to log in to view / read, where most forums are public.

As a business owner, why would I want to advertise my wares on a site that requires buyers to log in just to see my products ?

Yes, most forums ask sellers to buy a membership, etc, but not the buyers.

Anyway, just a little rant, not a fan.
Old 07-03-2017, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I might be interested in a flat bottomed steering wheel. I too am not going to Facebook for it.

Dumb reason but mine got all scratched across the bottom because when i get in and out my pocket knife that i clip in my front right pocket drags across it. I never noticed for 3 years what the cause was until I stopped daily driving the thing.

There is definitely room for improvement there.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I believe I can offer the steering wheel modifications to people. That's been a popular mod on the Corvette for a while. I'll see what I can do!! Pm me for actual interest.
Old 07-06-2017, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to see a pic of the wheel honestly!
Old 07-06-2017, 07:47 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
There are two v1 pages on facebook one that is ran by a real doucher who happens to be on this forum for burning his car down or some ****. The other one is ran by a dude who could give two ***** if you argue with him.
damn straight.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:57 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by isis
Dumb reason but mine got all scratched across the bottom because when i get in and out my pocket knife that i clip in my front right pocket drags across it.
Been there..... totally pissed me off
Old 11-16-2017, 11:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Any update, Fuzzy?
Old 08-03-2020, 04:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
This is just a feeler. I'm pursuing these upgrades for myself regardless of public interest and will be paying a lot to make it happen.

The wheel won't be available until August. It'll cost $695 and require a core exchange. You *may* have the option to maintain the original diameter or choose a reduced size (~1" smaller). It'll have larger thumb grips and more padding. Haven't nailed down the leather options yet. No modifications will be required to install--plug and play. You will maintain your steering wheel controls and airbag.

The steering rack will cost about $2000. You'll have options of 14:1, 12:1, and 9:1 Saginaw 800 series box. Proprietary design for the V1, but you'll be able to source replacement parts freely once you have it.
I really hate to bump an old thread here, but has there been any progress on the rack? If you've moved on but still have some useful information to provide, I'll pick up where you left off. I just bought an '07 CTS-V from the salvage auction that desperately needs a better rack.

Quick Reply: Group Buy Feeler: Flat Steering Wheel and Fast Ratio Steering Rack