Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My V1 LSA project.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 12:13 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

subscribing here, doubt I will be on that other forum again.
Old 11-03-2017, 12:23 AM
Teching In

have you seen this?

http://www.lsxmag.com/tech-stories/e...-supercharger/
Old 11-03-2017, 07:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea I have seen that, That build has alot of good information.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So last night I got the lifters/trays/head gaskets and heads installed. I am still waiting on a lower balancer and rocker pedestals for the heads to measure push rod length to verify its correct.

I love the coil pack color.

My V1 LSA project.-1isnvnk.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-7q4bmxl.jpg
Old 11-06-2017, 08:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Some updates: I have a hurst shifter in my car but I do not like the hurst stalk and **** so I put the factory **** and stalk back in, which is about .5 of an inch longer than the hurst so it feels really nice shifting it in my garage lol. I also spruced it up a little bit by painting the shift pattern black raven with the paint pen I have for my car.

Super charger is on and working out final fitment of everything. I will be putting together a parts list of everything I use on this build for anyone else looking to go the lsa route on their v1.

My V1 LSA project.-pehmpzl.jpg
Stock shifter with some visual upgradse. ( eventually I will go to a v2 suede ****)
My V1 LSA project.-e1odqin.jpg
The lsa on and the supercharger drive on the car, still waiting on my balancer.
My V1 LSA project.-euulu2o.jpg
I deloomed the wiring harness carefully so I can move the map sensor wiring over to the left side of the blower, along with moving the throttle body wiring.
My V1 LSA project.-kxb6dej.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-4wzuhrt.jpg
I also picked up more fabric friction tape for the harness to retain the OEM harness look.

I'm not a huge fan of the self tapers provided with the paragon autosports bumper support brace. So while I had it off I painted it drilled some holes and installed some nut inserts with 1/4x20 stainless button head allen bolts.
My V1 LSA project.-vzelf9s.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-gv5xcfm.jpg

one final pic of the blower and over size of the drive.
My V1 LSA project.-v09xcxg.jpg
Old 11-06-2017, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Build an L shaped piece of aluminum out of 1in square bar stock and bump the shifter up one hole, makes a huge difference in how the shifter feels. It’s a nice middle ground
Old 11-07-2017, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I know you said you'll do a writeup, which is great! Have some preemptive ques.....

Can you fit a 102 NW on the blower snout or a 92mm tb? (Would 102 even be worth it?)

Are you going to use a V2 crank pulley for the lower? (Any clearance issues?)

Did you reinforce the "brick" inside the lid?

Anxious to see all the wiring and pulleys, etc on this. I have AFR 215's and would like to keep them, but I'll have ot run those catherdral/square port adapters. Hoping to still clear stock hood.
Old 11-07-2017, 12:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
I know you said you'll do a writeup, which is great! Have some preemptive ques.....

Can you fit a 102 NW on the blower snout or a 92mm tb? (Would 102 even be worth it?)

Are you going to use a V2 crank pulley for the lower? (Any clearance issues?)

Did you reinforce the "brick" inside the lid?

Anxious to see all the wiring and pulleys, etc on this. I have AFR 215's and would like to keep them, but I'll have ot run those catherdral/square port adapters. Hoping to still clear stock hood.
Yea a Nick Williams/92mm will bolt up to the supercharger, not sure if there are any gains without porting the snout to match the throttle body opening as I do not have first hand experience on it.

I installed the v2 crank pulley last night, it clears with plenty of clearance on the abs module and brake lines. I will be finishing the pinning the crank and torque the bolt down tonight. I had to machine a tool to pin my crank at work today.

I will be reinforcing the brick as soon as I finishing running power out to my shop so I can run the welder.

As far as I know you will not clear the stock hood with adapter plates.

Side note as of last night, the stock fans will not work with the a stock radiator everything is way to tight. So I will be drawing up a fan shroud in cad and getting that going so I can run two slims 12" spals. If anyone would be interested in the fan shroud hit me up.
Old 11-07-2017, 01:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Tuckin15s
Yea a Nick Williams/92mm will bolt up to the supercharger, not sure if there are any gains without porting the snout to match the throttle body opening as I do not have first hand experience on it.

I installed the v2 crank pulley last night, it clears with plenty of clearance on the abs module and brake lines. I will be finishing the pinning the crank and torque the bolt down tonight. I had to machine a tool to pin my crank at work today.

I will be reinforcing the brick as soon as I finishing running power out to my shop so I can run the welder.

As far as I know you will not clear the stock hood with adapter plates.

Side note as of last night, the stock fans will not work with the a stock radiator everything is way to tight. So I will be drawing up a fan shroud in cad and getting that going so I can run two slims 12" spals. If anyone would be interested in the fan shroud hit me up.
Good info thanks!

So you didn't have to change any other pulleys other than the water pump (CTS-V/ZL1?) and the V2 crank pulley? I figured the A/C, alternator, p.steering pump pulleys would need changed.

What are you doing about fuel? Are you going to go with the other in tank fuel pump like that guy did on the link?

Sorry I have so many questions. I'm debating on if this is the route I'm going to go since I got that LSA blower sitting there staring at me. Like, do I sell my heads and get square port ones or run the adapter, and all that...
Old 11-08-2017, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good info thanks!

So you didn't have to change any other pulleys other than the water pump (CTS-V/ZL1?) and the V2 crank pulley? I figured the A/C, alternator, p.steering pump pulleys would need changed.

What are you doing about fuel? Are you going to go with the other in tank fuel pump like that guy did on the link?

Sorry I have so many questions. I'm debating on if this is the route I'm going to go since I got that LSA blower sitting there staring at me. Like, do I sell my heads and get square port ones or run the adapter, and all that...
Nope no other pulleys were changed. Both the v1 and v2 share the same belt offset on the serpentine belt and the same configuration. As far as belt length for the serpentine i'm not sure yet because I am running the v1 belt tensioner which is a smaller pulley than the v2, so as soon as I figure out the belt length I will share that as well.

Fuel is gonna be dual walbro 450 in-tanks with aeromotive regulator and with a return on it. I will bench testing the factory sending unit with the walbros in it as if it were under full throttle, so I can see how bad it sucks the bucket dry then I will drill .50 holes in the bucket till is stops sucking itself dry.

Honestly if you are gonna go the lsa route it's worth it imo. The swap itself isn't hard at all, I am very picky about how my stuff turns out as I will be using this car as a example of work for my business. I will be updating the thread tonight with some pictures of the wiring and all the little stuff I'm finishing up.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nope no other pulleys were changed. Both the v1 and v2 share the same belt offset on the serpentine belt and the same configuration. As far as belt length for the serpentine i'm not sure yet because I am running the v1 belt tensioner which is a smaller pulley than the v2, so as soon as I figure out the belt length I will share that as well.

Fuel is gonna be dual walbro 450 in-tanks with aeromotive regulator and with a return on it. I will bench testing the factory sending unit with the walbros in it as if it were under full throttle, so I can see how bad it sucks the bucket dry then I will drill .50 holes in the bucket till is stops sucking itself dry.

Honestly if you are gonna go the lsa route it's worth it imo. The swap itself isn't hard at all, I am very picky about how my stuff turns out as I will be using this car as a example of work for my business. I will be updating the thread tonight with some pictures of the wiring and all the little stuff I'm finishing up.
Yeah, I'm picky about my car as well, and I did everything in my sig tag myself because I was afraid someone else wouldn't do it to my standards lol.

With this build it's all the little details that I need help with in order to get everything perfect. Most everyone on the facebook V1 owners page are jerks about helping. So I appreciate all your help!
Old 11-08-2017, 07:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm picky about my car as well, and I did everything in my sig tag myself because I was afraid someone else wouldn't do it to my standards lol.

With this build it's all the little details that I need help with in order to get everything perfect. Most everyone on the facebook V1 owners page are jerks about helping. So I appreciate all your help!
No problem! I am on a few of the v1 facebook pages and like every other facebook auto pages the same questions get asked alot, that's why I hang out here.
Old 11-10-2017, 10:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's a shame that so much of the forum traffic has been eaten up by Facebook. I haven't used Facebook since 2006 and don't miss it one bit.
Old 11-10-2017, 11:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
It's a shame that so much of the forum traffic has been eaten up by Facebook. I haven't used Facebook since 2006 and don't miss it one bit.
+1 sir, +1...
Old 11-10-2017, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Originally Posted by SE-R Spec
+1 sir, +1...
same.
Old 11-10-2017, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Me too. Ive never actually been on facebooks site. That **** consumes people. Good job on the swap. Will you include prices as well with the parts list? Approx on prices would be sufficient because ive seen people get some of those LSA blowers dirt cheap til a lot of people started doing it. Im debating turbo or LSA.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

^ Prices for me won't be accurate for others because I have an insane dealership hook up through work. I basically get everything at cost.

Pictarsssss
My V1 LSA project.-gzaczne.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-souxczf.jpg

Brake booster hose spruced up

My V1 LSA project.-7agdgvy.jpg
home made crank pin tool worked out awesome!
Old 11-13-2017, 07:06 PM
TECH Addict

^ Prices for me won't be accurate for others because I have an insane dealership hook up through work. I basically get everything at cost.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

Piiiiiimp!
Old 11-14-2017, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Awesome build, looks clean! Side note: Where did you get the carbon fiber surround for the shifter boot? Mine looks like crap and drives me nuts.

Quick Reply: My V1 LSA project.