Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My V1 LSA project.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 12:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmilz28
Wow, pro level detail. Should pay dividends in reliability. Nice!!
Thank you for the kind words! I take a lot of pride in my work.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I painted my rusty *** flaking AC condenser black too while I was in there.... lol
The following users liked this post:
redbeast99 (09-09-2019)
Old 03-29-2018, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MN_V
I painted my rusty *** flaking AC condenser black too while I was in there.... lol
Yea this one came painted and it's some nice thick tough paint, It's a denso replacement one. Last yea I put a new compressor, condenser and flushed the system cause the compressor sent some metal and **** through the system.
Old 03-29-2018, 07:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Damn, that looks great.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Great Build! So how did it all turn out, did everything fit under the stock hood?
Old 09-28-2018, 06:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

So quick update. Car is done and I have been driving it for 2 months. Made 690 wheel on a dynojet with me tuning it on 93 with a 2.40 griptech/stock lower combo. Bottom hood structure was cut out but everything fits under the stock hood.
Old 09-28-2018, 09:04 AM
Teching In

WOW! That is some impressive HP and you got it to fit under the stock hood. Very nicely done. thanks for the update and posting this build.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:12 AM

Awesome thread!!! What cam and injectors did you end up running??
Old 10-05-2018, 06:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lsdbrock
Awesome thread!!! What cam and injectors did you end up running??
BTR stage 3 PD cam and aus 1000cc injectors.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AUS Injection
Great Build and Thread! If you have any pictures of this build, maybe one with AUS injectors visible I would love to have it " Justin@ausinjection.com " . Follow us on facebook and Instagram , AUS INJECTION
Yea I can snag some tonight for you!
Old 10-11-2018, 07:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I could finish updating this thread. So I finished the car about 2.5 months ago and started to learn to tune my own stuff with this car, well that has been a bumpy road with a fair amount of problems but after about a few weeks of messing with it I finally got it most of the way dialed in on the stock pulley 7.5 (pounds of boost). Car felt decent but was slow trapped 118 at the track in that form. I wasn't really happy with the car then I decided to pick up a upper griptech pulley (2.40) and a hub and installed that. I messed with getting the tune dialed in this time I had to rent a dyno because it was just unsafe on the road and I kept unloading the rear tires and getting poor data. After messing with it for a few hours I got it dialed in on 93 on the dyno and it made 690 wheel on 93 on 12 pounds of boost ( this pulley should make more boost but at the time I was battling belt slip and a small intake tube). Drove it for a few weeks that was had some fun car wouldn't hook for anything which brings us to last week. We have been planning a track day for a couple week now and because Michigan weather is so temperamental this time of year we kept getting rained out. Well this Sunday we have a group of people going to test and tune, so last week I spent some time getting the car ready for the track got some E in it and did some e timing tuning. Well Monday night was about 64 degrees nice cool crisp air went out did some pulls made sure everything was safe and put it away for the night. Woke up Tuesday morning brought my son to a play group thing and had heard a strange noise coming from the rear end, kinda had me spooked so when I got home I put him down for a nap and jacked the passenger side of the car up leaving the driver side on the ground, tried to spin the passenger wheel and it sounded like someone throwing rocks into a steel bucket. Needless to say I destroyed the spider gears in the stock 8.8 dif RIP haha. So I put the car away for the year and have a lot of plans for it this coming winter.

My V1 LSA project.-ezkyayk.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-ok6rymf.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-8gjvjwk.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-byuewfv.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-kj0sjyz.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-tdfxvpy.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-fsd1dch.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-kjra6wy.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-nxoqfvp.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-atbospi.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-wvflc3o.jpg
By far way better than the hurst shifter
My V1 LSA project.-fpfxlhw.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-i6jujfg.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-aq2onre.jpg
Since this pic I have added a metco 100mm idler
My V1 LSA project.-d6kljxc.jpg
My V1 LSA project.-d2awvby.jpg
Kept having Radiator issues so I finally pulled the trigger on a Dewitts Radiator and kind of pissed I had waited to long to buy one they are extremely nice and worth every penny.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Just the remaining pictures I have to get everyone up to speed.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess Ill update this a little. I have been finishing up my barn out back so I have a nice warm place to work this winter on the car. I have a few small things I have decided to do to the car while its apart, I am going to add a second fuel pump to auxiliary hanger along with a nice bulkhead and y fitting up top and just running the whole span of the car with steel braided line. Going to a 5 inch intake fabbed by yours truly, 10% lower, Eaton tru trac and new 3:73 rear gear and just a bunch of odd and end **** powder coating my calipers and cleaning up under the hood some. Ordered a wilwood clutch master kit today.
Old 01-26-2019, 02:10 PM

Default Lsa blower install

My brother and I are planning on installing a lsa blower on my 04 v. Everything you did looks great did you run into any serious issues. The fan shroud looks like it helps with clearance issues did I read u r selling them?
Old 01-29-2019, 06:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The fans worked fine without the a/c on. I ended up scrapping the idea and went with a pre fabbed flex a lite setup for ease. I use to offer a few after market fabbed lsa parts for the v1 but have discontinued everything for the v1 platform and have moved my efforts to a more popular chassis/chassis's.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man this is awesome. Your work is super clean....I appreciate that!!

Would you mind putting together a parts list for us peasants? lol

My LSA is sitting at home and I'm planning on starting to buy parts for it.
I want to get the Olson Kustom Works LSA V1 front drive pulley so I don't have to change anything else. Plus, I have a ATI 10 U/D pulley that I'd rather not lose.

Did you forge bottom end to put that much boost on it? (I might've missed it if you said that earlier)

Were you forced to go 8 rib because of belt slip?
Old 02-20-2019, 09:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

He's running a 3rd belt for the SC just like I am. I'm running the stock V2 supercharger drive system and it is 8 belt factory. There's not much to change when going with a 3rd belt setup other than trimming your stock fans down or buying the Flex a lite setup I am using that has been great in the summer with AC on. Your underdrive crank pulley will reduce boost slightly if you use the Olson kit since it slows down the main belt which will be powering the supercharger. If you're on the facebook V1 group he put together a nice DIY shopping list for this setup there in the files section. Personally I'm a fan of a dedicated blower belt but the modified snout setup for using the accessory system belt is pretty well proven as well. It can reach pretty high hp without belt slip, though it might need upgraded tensioner and who knows how long the accessory pulley bearings will last as they're not designed for that much tension.
Old 02-21-2019, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

He's running a 3rd belt for the SC just like I am. I'm running the stock V2 supercharger drive system and it is 8 belt factory. There's not much to change when going with a 3rd belt setup other than trimming your stock fans down or buying the Flex a lite setup I am using that has been great in the summer with AC on. Your underdrive crank pulley will reduce boost slightly if you use the Olson kit since it slows down the main belt which will be powering the supercharger. If you're on the facebook V1 group he put together a nice DIY shopping list for this setup there in the files section. Personally I'm a fan of a dedicated blower belt but the modified snout setup for using the accessory system belt is pretty well proven as well. It can reach pretty high hp without belt slip, though it might need upgraded tensioner and who knows how long the accessory pulley bearings will last as they're not designed for that much tension.
Thanks man, I'm on there. He should post that in here!

I'm dumb, so bear with me.

So you buy the V2 water pump, and balancer, tensioner, and a few idler pulleys and that belt doesn't touch anything else, and you run a 8 rib on just those?
(that route would be instead of modified Olsen snout pulley)
Old 02-21-2019, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's right. The belt doesn't hit anything but I went with some slim fans and I have enough room to change belts with them in place. The V2 pump along with the V2 belt drive tensioner/and pulleys (which mount to the V2 water pump) is the whole setup along with the new crank pulley. Any questions let me know.
Old 02-21-2019, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's right. The belt doesn't hit anything but I went with some slim fans and I have enough room to change belts with them in place. The V2 pump along with the V2 belt drive tensioner/and pulleys (which mount to the V2 water pump) is the whole setup along with the new crank pulley. Any questions let me know.
Thank you Sir!

Link to fans by chance? Did you keep stock radiator?

Quick Reply: My V1 LSA project.